Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 dodge challenger R/T
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered up another roll of matte vinyl, i was wondering if i should wet the hood and the glue side of the vinyl before i lay it. Or try to do it dry. I tried to do it this weekend dry, until my helper hit it too hard with the heat gun and melted a hole in it. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Truthfully, I would go to a local body shop and have them scuff and paint it single stage "Hot Rod Black" instead of the wrap.

·
Registered
2012 dodge challenger R/T
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truthfully, I would go to a local body shop and have them scuff and paint it single stage "Hot Rod Black" instead of the wrap.
I could probably do that myself 🤔 any particular reason why you would go paint vs vinyl?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
well, for starters, you already melted 1 roll. Paint does not shrink over time. I painted mine and just prefer it to wrap (Personal thing).

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts
Reactions: vpzyck

·
Registered
264 Posts
I painted mine to, just cleared with 30% gloss. I think it was 30%, maybe it was 60% gloss clear. I dunno, it was easier and cheaper. LOL.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A wrap is reversible at a lower cost and will potentially be less headache in the event of scratches and dents.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
505 Posts
Take it to a trusted vinyl shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts