Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wheels: Viper = Easy; Challenger = Hard

I'm looking for new wheels for my Challenger... Before this car I had 4 different Vipers over many years (1994, 1998, 2001, 2003), and virtually any good looking aftermarket wheel looked great on a Viper, and especially the 2003 SRT-10. There were so many wheels that looked great on that car that it was almost impossible to choose.

Now I am trying to find wheels for my Challenger and I have been on website after website, Google searches for pictures, etc., and I have found that most aftermarket wheels don't look all that great on our car, or they just look bad. What the heck is it about me or our Challenger that makes it so hard? (I figure the Viper was easy because anything exotic worked because of the car's exotic looks...)

I'm about to give up, but I can't because I need new tires badly and if I buy new ones for my OEM wheels I am stuck with narrow tires again for a few years... so, I press on... any suggestions (except Cragar look-a-likes), is greatly appreciated. I keep thinking there is that one wheel that will pop up and look amazing!!! Oh, and I also think that a red car like mine makes it harder to find the right wheels than say a black car...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rims

What about rims like the yellow jacket of 2012. You could probably change the color ,maybe paint match them to your color? Brand new around 375 for 20x9 I think Here is your first idea

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'm looking for new wheels for my Challenger... Before this car I had 4 different Vipers over many years (1994, 1998, 2001, 2003), and virtually any good looking aftermarket wheel looked great on a Viper, and especially the 2003 SRT-10. There were so many wheels that looked great on that car that it was almost impossible to choose.

Now I am trying to find wheels for my Challenger and I have been on website after website, Google searches for pictures, etc., and I have found that most aftermarket wheels don't look all that great on our car, or they just look bad. What the heck is it about me or our Challenger that makes it so hard? (I figure the Viper was easy because anything exotic worked because of the car's exotic looks...)

I'm about to give up, but I can't because I need new tires badly and if I buy new ones for my OEM wheels I am stuck with narrow tires again for a few years... so, I press on... any suggestions (except Cragar look-a-likes), is greatly appreciated. I keep thinking there is that one wheel that will pop up and look amazing!!! Oh, and I also think that a red car like mine makes it harder to find the right wheels than say a black car...
What are you looking for, specifically?

Have you looked at these?

SRT 5-spoke
Forgestar CF5
Project 6GR 5-spoke
Drag Star or Recluse from Racestar wheels

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you looking for, specifically?

Have you looked at these?

SRT 5-spoke
Forgestar CF5
Project 6GR 5-spoke
Drag Star or Recluse from Racestar wheels
Specifically looking for... not sure. It's one of those "I'll know it when I see it..."

I have the SRT 5 spoke black pocket wheels. I think those are the best SRT wheels, but not wide enough.

I do like the Forgestar CF5 and the Project 6GR 5-spoke, but not enough to stop looking for something else... LOL I still may get either one of those, however. I don't like any of the Racestar wheels.

I kind of like the Vertini RF 1.2 wheels... I'm waiting on the sales rep to PhotoShop them on my car.

Thanks for your input!!! It helps when someone else likes something similar.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Specifically looking for... not sure. It's one of those "I'll know it when I see it..."

I have the SRT 5 spoke black pocket wheels. I think those are the best SRT wheels, but not wide enough.

I do like the Forgestar CF5 and the Project 6GR 5-spoke, but not enough to stop looking for something else... LOL I still may get either one of those, however. I don't like any of the Racestar wheels.

I kind of like the Vertini RF 1.2 wheels... I'm waiting on the sales rep to PhotoShop them on my car.

Thanks for your input!!! It helps when someone else likes something similar.
I meant these new SRT 5-spoke wheels.

·
Registered
132 Posts
08-10 alcoa's. Is the best lookin wheel for our cars. IMO . You can widen them to 10.5" or put 20's in the front and 22's on the rear. Either way I agree with about wheels and our cars

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Oh, those are good looking! Thanks!

my red 2015 R/T had the Chrome wheels with the graphite pockets, I liked the look (color). When I upgraded to 10.5" rears I got a set of wheels with the same color scheme, just a different split 5 spoke look.
Stock photo Mylanni Tycoon, pretty affordable too.
Thanks, Frank. Those look good on your car. I have always found it hard to find the right wheels for a red car for some reason. Actually, chrome usually looks the best to me, but a lot of today's chrome wheels are usually they are too blingy for me. Thanks!

08-10 alcoa's. Is the best lookin wheel for our cars. IMO . You can widen them to 10.5" or put 20's in the front and 22's on the rear. Either way I agree with about wheels and our cars
I have the 2012 Alcoa's with the black pocket. The cost to widen them is pretty high, but it is a possibility for sure.

Thanks all, I have a few more ideas. Any one else please join in... The problem with the wheel thread is half the pictures are gone from Photobucket and I can't see them. So, keep the ideas coming. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I like black wheels on certain car colors, but I really don't like it on a red car like mine. Those in chrome would be really nice.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I like black wheels on certain car colors, but I really don't like it on a red car like mine. Those in chrome would be really nice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
These aren't high end forged wheels or anything, but I love the look, and have 315s on the rear. Maybe too similar to what you've already seen..

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
447 Posts
+1 - I'm glad I got them on my early 2011. I can't find any other rims I like more.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
How about these?

I've no clue if they fit, but if Greenin could fit those GC SRT wheels, these might fit too?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

2015 SRT Jeep. I get more comments about these rims than anything else I ever owned. I think there 10" wide too!
Yes, they are pretty nice looking I must say. However, the bolt pattern is wrong for my car. The bolt pattern on these is 5x127. Thanks, though as they are really nice looking and I was thinking about getting them until I checked the specs. I appreciate your post!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These aren't high end forged wheels or anything, but I love the look, and have 315s on the rear. Maybe too similar to what you've already seen..
These are very nice, but really too close to what I already have... Thanks for the post!!! I'm hoping more people will chime in...

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
I think that you made a Great choice because those wheels look Fantastic on your Challenger!

They have just enough bling to look modern, but have the style that could be retro too (if that makes any sense).

Great choice! :cheers:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgethedog, I agree with your thoughts about the wheel widening.

If you like the wheels that are on your vert now, then it'd be cheaper than new wheels to have that done. After widening them, if you wanted to have them chromed/polished/painted/whatever finish you want, then you could have that done. After all of that, you'd have some money tied up in them, but if it made you happy, then it might be worth considering.

Which company did you get a price from for widening them?

By the way, here's a quick photoshop of the Vertini's on your Challenger. Sorry that it's not the greatest job (back wheel lighting is a little off to me), but I hope that it gives you an idea of what they'd look like.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts