Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i have a 2010 challenger and i have a complete viper engine with trans and all computer wireharness on it..i was wondering if anyone knew or know how and what eles i would need for this build..modification...please and thanks for all info......i bought a 2010 v6 model just for this...nothing eles..wondering what eles am i missing what mod's will i have to do any info of someone who did it or knows how thanks god bless..will be my garage project..with v6 badges people will get a kick lol...by the way i love the v6.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
What elese

Drive shaft, Rear end complete ( differential, Axles and suspension )
you need to upgrade the brakes better tires 6 speed center consel Clutch pedal and related hardware. I hope you got the Al block and not the cast iron and lots of time
But when done you will have a wild machine. If I had a AL Viper V10 Clutch, Transmission aand electronics I would do it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi everyone i have a 2010 challenger and i have a complete viper engine with trans and all computer wireharness on it..i was wondering if anyone knew or know how and what eles i would need for this build..modification...please and thanks for all info......i bought a 2010 v6 model just for this...nothing eles..wondering what eles am i missing what mod's will i have to do any info of someone who did it or knows how thanks god bless..will be my garage project..with v6 badges people will get a kick lol...by the way i love the v6.
i have plenty of time i bought the challenger for that.. and i got a crashed viper for 8k at ah 2009..everything good just rear end is done....

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
you might call Woodhouse Dodge and talk to Mark Jorgenson. Woodhouse is one of the three highest volumn viper dealers in the country and sell a lot of modified challengers. He might be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I would have bought a SRT 6 speed for the project....JMO, seeing as there would be no adding of clutch...consoles, brakes, suspension mods needed.....you will need new suspension, brakes, tires, motor mounts, either move the firewall or extend the fron cooling module.

With the SRT, extend the front cooling module and done....LOL.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I would have bought a SRT 6 speed for the project....JMO, seeing as there would be no adding of clutch...consoles, brakes, suspension mods needed.....you will need new suspension, brakes, tires, motor mounts, either move the firewall or extend the fron cooling module.

He has a Viper for parts.. I'm pretty sure he can make the brakes from the viper work on the challenger if he can pull of the shoehorning of the V10.. Same goes for the suspension bits out of the Viper, coil over's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

there is no pointe of buying the srt would of been a waste of money if i have the vipe as donor..that 15k i saved can do alot of the project

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
good for you, please keep us posted on your progress

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Good luck on your project. There's someone else here on Challengertalk that is doing the same thing, but I can't seem to find that thread. If you search around you may find it.. perhaps you can get some input from him.

This sounds like a great project, and could be a lot of fun. I think starting out with the SE is smart, even though you have to upgrade brakes/suspension etc I still think that's cheaper than buying a used SRT.

If it were me, the first thing I'd do is take care of the suspension, brakes etc before I dropped the engine in. One of the vendors here .. suspension source I think, is having a group sale on coilovers for like $850. Maybe go that route, get that outta the way and then start the real work.

Sounds like a blast.. wish you lived closer to middle Ga, I'd love to help out on a project. I've got the hankering to do some real wrenching since it's been two years since I've done my last resto-mod on an old car. Wife wants me to build her a Chevelle or Nova, but I haven't found what I want for a starter yet.

Good luck and keep us posted

Mike

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I really think you can pull this viperchallenger off!!Maybe look into the mopar drag pack car, they come with a v10 from the factory so im sure you can buy some of the parts??Really it might have been cheaper to buy a dragpack car and making it streetable but i like the way you think.I will be following this and hope you can get it done.It is one of my dreamcars that i would build if i had the $$$s my other is buying a srt8 jeep and putting the challenger body on it for an AWD challenger!!!

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
{{Subscribed}} Pwall97, Excellent choice, Hats off to you !!! Your doing a really cool build. Refreshing from the standard,, parts bolt on, cookie cutter motor assembly threads. Its all I got, myself. Sure its been done before, but its not happening everywhere you look either. Be some good info for us. Good Luck !!!!
FlatTop

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I really think you can pull this viperchallenger off!!Maybe look into the mopar drag pack car, they come with a v10 from the factory so im sure you can buy some of the parts??
^^^ this

Really it might have been cheaper to buy a dragpack car and making it streetable...
^^^ not even close. The drag pak sells at $70k I think.

His SE was probably mid $20k--less if used, and he said he got the viper for $8k... he'll spend much less going the route he's on. When he's done he'll have an SRT8 killer for about the same or less than a stock SRT8.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The biggest problem is trying to get the challenger modules to talk to the viper modules because you will need a combination of the two. But it can be done. There was a Chrysler 300 at SEMA last year that had a V-10 in it. Some people said it did not run but I saw it drive in & out.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Good luck with your build. I think you will have a very unique challenger when you are done. Great car show stopper!! Please post pics of your progress.
Best of luck,
KS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.