Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i just purchased the viper style hood for my 2014 Challenger RT and its just not fitting right i adjusted it and messed around with it for hours and it just wont fit it wont latch, the passenger side is lifted at the end and the drivers side from the front wont go down. I just put hood clips and it keeps it closed but the driver side is still up. What do i do like im tempted to call someone to do it for me if they can n pay for it but it stressed me out to where i stopped messing with it already. It looks mean asf but its just embarrassing to ride around with it lopsided.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Assuming your old hood fit fine it's likely you simply have a really poor aftermarket hood.

It may take a professional and a bunch of labor to make it fit.
Im thinking of taking it to the shop n see if they have to modify it for me thanks!

If theyre going to charge too much i might as well just get a new hood and just suffer in silence about it.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
4,047 Posts
Hood Pins are not suppose to be that high up... Bad molded hood for sure and a body shop would have to cut and form it modify and fill it until it fits not a cheap process...
I would of sent back before I drilled it ...

·
Super Moderator
16,630 Posts
I would send it back. Of course, there is no guarantee that a replacement hood will fit properly. Poor fit is a common problem with fiberglass hoods- especially custom ones. Even factory fiberglass hoods, like the ones on the 1970 'Cuda AAR and Challenger T/A, had fitment issues.

If you decide to have a shop correct the fit, it will be a tedious process. Check out this website.

Fiberglass Part Fitting - Autobodystore

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat / 2022 Challenger Redeye Widebody
464 Posts
Dumb question, but have you tried turning down the driver's side hood adjustment knob by the headlight inside the hood?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hood Pins are not suppose to be that high up... Bad molded hood for sure and a body shop would have to cut and form it modify and fill it until it fits not a cheap process...
I would of sent back before I drilled it ...
I contacted the people they asked if i installed the hood pins to see if it would help and i told them no. They are going to review the pictures i sent them and fix it or send me a new hood over all

·
Registered
2011 SXT
4,047 Posts
Fiberglass Hoods are notorious for needing modding and fitting to make them right never have had one just go on that did not need tweaking Ecklers on Corvettes, and other After market Hoods. Heck even GM ones for Vettes usually needed some tweaks.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
What the heck did you drill into for those hood pins to even work? Here's a picture of my engine bay, I see nothing that far back to drill into. Please add a pic of the hood open, inquiring minds want to know.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold

Reactions: Roadrunner guy

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger T/A
111 Posts
I learned my lesson back in 2004 when I got a full evo 7 conversion kit. It was considered high quality... High quality was just a nice way of saying "this kit is over priced and fits like ass". Ended up selling the kit because it was going to cost 1000s to get it to work. No more aftermarket fiberglass body parts since haha.

Moral of the story? You live... You learn.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I had hood pins on my 71 roadrunner when I was in high school. I loved the look and style. I wish my 15 came with a set as I HATE the idea of drilling into my shaker hood.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys so i just purchased the viper style hood for my 2014 Challenger RT and its just not fitting right i adjusted it and messed around with it for hours and it just wont fit it wont latch, the passenger side is lifted at the end and the drivers side from the front wont go down. I just put hood clips and it keeps it closed but the driver side is still up. What do i do like im tempted to call someone to do it for me if they can n pay for it but it stressed me out to where i stopped messing with it already. It looks mean asf but its just embarrassing to ride around with it lopsided. View attachment 1041479
Abandon ship, captain

1 - 20 of 20 Posts