Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
My current setup is a v3 supercharger with the race valve that comes in the kit. If I were to upgrade to a Vortech 8D204-111 valve, would I need to retune?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
You should be fine without a reflash, it will make more noise and the reason you would upgrade is if you are making more boost than the smaller valve can release, or you just like the noise.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hey everyone,
My current setup is a v3 supercharger with the race valve that comes in the kit. If I were to upgrade to a Vortech 8D204-111 valve, would I need to retune?? Thanks in advance.
How do you like the Vortech. Are you running a stock bottom end. What kind of power did you put down. And finally do you have any pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the vortech. It’s really smooth and has an awesome sound. The car itself has a ton of work under the hood. It’s a 426 stroker with all the bells and whistles. I was lucky enough to buy from the original owner who had put about 40k into it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts