Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I'm not in the market for wheels and am not trying to stir the pot... but... Is it just me, or what?

I see a bunch of posts by Vossen wheels on here, all with pics (nice pics, btw), but few (none that I've seen) are of Mopars, let alone Challengers... most are of foreign cars. And there's never any comments, etc.; just billboard advertising.

Complaining? Kinda. I'm here to read/learn/enjoy Challengers, not read advertisements for wheels that aren't even featured on the car I'm interested in.

Speedlogix advertises here AND actively participates in the community... that's what I like to see. They discuss their products and other topics.

I click a thread by Vossen hoping to see a great set of wheels on a Challenger (or any Mopar), and I see a blinged out G35, an Audi or Camaro. What gives?

So, is it me, or what?

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you go look at Vossen's website, they have one of their wheels on a Challenger. Cant remember which one but the featured car for a certain set of wheels is on a Challenger. Not saying that I like the advertisements (maybe I would if I could get a set for under 3 grand lol) but they do look good on our cars.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I actually think its pretty cool that they post up the reports. It gives a feel for their different wheels on different cars, and since they don't have a ton of challengers come through it still gives us a look at their different offerings.

·
Banned
863 Posts
It would be cool if they stated: Fits Challenger or Doesn't Fit Challenger.
I know some can but most don't ...soooo...how do we know? Ask Uncle Whiskers? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
No, it's not just you. It would be alright if they would post pic of wheels on Challengers. I clicked on the report post button when the C****o pics were shown with those wheels. I'm not in the market for any more wheels. I have BOSS 338s on my Challenger!

Thanks for starting this thread! :) OMOM

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im not a fan of huge splash ads either. Especially when they have nothing to do with whats going on (import cars wheel ads). I do however understand. These companies pay for advertising which in turn makes places like this free or very low cost. Its the price we pay. No different than ads on Facebook or Google apps. Ultimately Ill take the ads rather than pay for everything online

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Vossen are nice rims, even though they haven't posted any of their rims on an an LX/LC platform yet. He has stated that they are working on doing some with proper fitment, just not out yet. I guess we will see. As for 5x114.3, they will fit.

·
Registered
607 Posts
^^^ I dont know if its just me, but there seems to be "too much happening" in the wheels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not in the market for wheels and am not trying to stir the pot... but... Is it just me, or what?

I see a bunch of posts by Vossen wheels on here, all with pics (nice pics, btw), but few (none that I've seen) are of Mopars, let alone Challengers... most are of foreign cars. And there's never any comments, etc.; just billboard advertising.

Complaining? Kinda. I'm here to read/learn/enjoy Challengers, not read advertisements for wheels that aren't even featured on the car I'm interested in.

Speedlogix advertises here AND actively participates in the community... that's what I like to see. They discuss their products and other topics.

I click a thread by Vossen hoping to see a great set of wheels on a Challenger (or any Mopar), and I see a blinged out G35, an Audi or Camaro. What gives?

So, is it me, or what?
Well, It take vendors that pay to be here to keep the site up and running. And trust me when I say it is not cheap to be a vendor here. I would say that if you don't like what they are posting then just don't open their threads.

No, it's not just you. It would be alright if they would post pic of wheels on Challengers. I clicked on the report post button when the C****o pics were shown with those wheels. I'm not in the market for any more wheels. I have BOSS 338s on my Challenger!

Thanks for starting this thread! :) OMOM
If you are not in the market for wheels then why do you open threads by them, You do now they are in the business of making and selling wheels.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well, It take vendors that pay to be here to keep the site up and running. And trust me when I say it is not cheap to be a vendor here. I would say that if you don't like what they are posting then just don't open their threads.

If you are not in the market for wheels then why do you open threads by them, You do know they are in the business of making and selling wheels.
To see Challengers with different wheels.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Then go check out their newest post. But with those awesome BOSS that your sporting I am sure you don't need anything else.
Thanks, no I won't be needing any more wheels unless I get curb rash. :icon_evil:

I did checkout their new post. That is what I was expecting all of the time to see. I didn't mind seeing a few pics of Chargers either with their wheels. Now that is what we've been CTalking about. I did leave a comment on that thread.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
lol,,, agree... Maybe when when we click on wheel threads here we are expected to see nice audi wheels.:notallthere:
Now we have to check Audi forums to see pics of the wheels on Challengers? :werd:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I AM in the market for wheels but that would be the last place I would buy from just for principle sakes. On the corvette forums, vedors post vette products, NOT BMW or lexus or any other foreign POS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. After SEMA we will be aggressively trying to photoshoot/video Challenger's with our wheels when we find a Challengers with them installed and lowered. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. After SEMA we will be aggressively trying to photoshoot/video Challenger's with our wheels when we find a Challengers with them installed and lowered. :)
I'm willing to sacrifice me challenger for the cause. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts