Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with new Voxx HC Replicas and am reading different opinions on whether an OEM center cap will fit. I placed an order for OEM matte black center caps with the RT stripes from a dealer that will be here early next week. From a black lugnut perspective, I spoke with Voxx and they said that McGard #84527 will work perfectly with the HC Replicas. I know Gorillas seem to get the most love on here, but I really do like the look of the McGard black chrome finish over the Gorilla. Anyone else have the HC Replicas with the McGard #84527 kit? Last thing I want is a wheel to go flying. I currently have both the McGards and Gorillas in my garage waiting for the center caps to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
No idea. Post some pictures. We loves pictures.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
It is my understanding the OEM caps fit the Voxx Hellcat replicas

A Guy

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have voxx hellcat replicas out back 20x10.5 and the stock centercaps do not fit. Don't remember actual size measurement but stocks are bigger, other than that they match the front stock wheels perfect. The voxx centercaps are plain black.. I've been driving around for the last ten months with the hash stripes on the front stock center caps and no hash stripes on the voxx rear ones. I finally got around to ordering some vynil hash stripe stickers from Amazon last week, supposed to be delivered saturday, hopefully I can get the front and back to match.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Maybe it's the older SRT wheels that use the smaller caps that fit?

A Guy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I’ll find out soon if the center caps fit. DT installed the Voxx logo center caps on the replicas and it looks like cr*p. They said the center caps came that way from Voxx. If everything shows up Monday I’ll try. Fingers-crossed. Hopefully I’ll be able to tell if they fit or not without taking the wheel off and discovering it after I remove the wheel.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI- the Dodge OEM center caps DO NOT FIT in the Voxx Replica Hellcat wheels

·
Registered
203 Posts
FYI- the Dodge OEM center caps DO NOT FIT in the Voxx Replica Hellcat wheels
Actually that's not true. If you look at the VOXX website, there are 2 part numbers for each size wheel. The part number with the (2) at the end are the newer style wheels and DO take the factory center caps. I got my 20x10.5's a couple of months ago and the centercaps fit fine. They should make it clearer on the website the difference between the 2 part numbers. I only found out when I called them to order my wheels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually that's not true. If you look at the VOXX website, there are 2 part numbers for each size wheel. The part number with the (2) at the end are the newer style wheels and DO take the factory center caps. I got my 20x10.5's a couple of months ago and the centercaps fit fine. They should make it clearer on the website the difference between the 2 part numbers. I only found out when I called them to order my wheels.
I got mine from Discount Tire (they cracked my stock rims and bought me these from Voxx). Mine are 20x9 and I got whatever they gave me. I see that 2 designation on the Voxx website so I guess I got the non-2 wheels. I didn’t realize there were two different models with different center cap sizes. DT ordered them and installed free of charge so I didn’t really question it. Frustrating I can’t pop in those EOM centercaps but not much I can do. I am getting just plain black centercaps from Voxx. I’d rather have matte black centers versus the Voxx logo.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Measure the opening, it may be that the older dodge center caps will fit

A Guy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Does anyone have the older Voxx Hellcat Replicas (on the Voxx website they have a 20x9 model ending in the number 2 that the OEM center caps fit- I have the non-2 version) and have a source for Dodge center caps that will absolutely fit the older version of the Hellcat Replica? Thanks in advance! I’m looking for Matte Black center caps.

Here’s what I have that doesn’t fit:

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,297 Posts
Went with new Voxx HC Replicas and am reading different opinions on whether an OEM center cap will fit. I placed an order for OEM matte black center caps with the RT stripes from a dealer that will be here early next week. From a black lugnut perspective, I spoke with Voxx and they said that McGard #84527 will work perfectly with the HC Replicas. I know Gorillas seem to get the most love on here, but I really do like the look of the McGard black chrome finish over the Gorilla. Anyone else have the HC Replicas with the McGard #84527 kit? Last thing I want is a wheel to go flying. I currently have both the McGards and Gorillas in my garage waiting for the center caps to arrive.

Stock center cap is 71.5 you should be able to see the centercap size (bore) in the wheel specs on the listing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts