Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK , new question about tires/wheels on my 2011 SRT 392. I bought the car recently and the tires are goodyear F1 staggered on stock I.E. wheels with 245/45ZR20 front and 255/45ZR20 rear. Car has 11000 miles. The front tires look fine, the rear tires are getting slick at the center. I think they will go a little longer but I like good tires on my cars.
Now I have read that this F1 tire is poor quality and I think not cheap.. So should I just still buy 2 more rear Goodyear F1 tires-- OR-- ditch all four and buy whole new set of say Hankooks or so? Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ehh. Just get new rears. I recommend nittos. Nt555 or invo. Id recommend nt05 but they SUCK n the rain

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Ditch the rear F1s for the tire of your choice. I went with Nitto Motivos, 275/40 R 20.. they are noticibally softer than the F1s which I abused and got just over 10,000 miles. I am going to run the front F1s until they need replacing.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
What about mis- matching brands front and rear, both from standpoint of LOOKS and performance?
From a performance point of view, ok sure there is probably some difference in performance. I haven't taken my car to a road course yet so I can't tell you the difference, nor am I rich, so I wear out what I have then replace as needed. If you can afford to replace all four fires at one time, even if the fronts are good, then of course that's the best move.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Roostking is right. You can miss match whatever tires you like. Its your car and 99% of people that see you car wont notice. Ive taken my goodyear rsa fronts with nt05 rears to the track and they do great. Your rears will always go quicker so no reason to swap fronts every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts