Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered my TO RT Classic on 4/2 was built 5/4 and shipped 5/6, but, supposedly it is at a rail yard or something and every day the delivery date moves to the next day. I can't seem to get a straight explanation from my dealer or Chrysler customer service ... would anyone be willing to help me with some more info? Last 8 are BH576618.

I hope it doesn't take too much longer. Although, with all the rain we have had in Cleveland I wouldn't be driving it much anyways :indifferent:.

The funny part is that it is only about a 5 hour drive to the factory...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ask the dealer if it was damaged upon arrival...Very common. Hope not, goodluck.
HA! ... I hope not or it'll stay at the dealer when it gets delivered. If that happened I would probably look around at other dealers to see if there are any in stock nowadays that match what I ordered. I plan on keeping this car for a long long time so it needs to be 100% original factory built when I get it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ordered my TO RT Classic on 4/2 was built 5/4 and shipped 5/6, but, supposedly it is at a rail yard or something and every day the delivery date moves to the next day. I can't seem to get a straight explanation from my dealer or Chrysler customer service ... would anyone be willing to help me with some more info? Last 8 are BH576618.

I hope it doesn't take too much longer. Although, with all the rain we have had in Cleveland I wouldn't be driving it much anyways :indifferent:.

The funny part is that it is only about a 5 hour drive to the factory...
Not to worry, it will show up. It really moves fast once it's on the train. Just for your info, mine took 122 days from order to delivery.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Man, you are lucky. I ordered my '09 on Feb 28, 2009, and I didn't get it until August 21, 2009. It really sucks having a car ordered when a company is going through bankruptcy, and not knowing the outcome. BTW, mine took approximately a month from the time it was complete and to my dealer. It was in delivery for about 2 weeks, so it looks like yours is on schedule. Just be patient, this car is so awesome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, you are lucky. I ordered my '09 on Feb 28, 2009, and I didn't get it until August 21, 2009. It really sucks having a car ordered when a company is going through bankruptcy, and not knowing the outcome. BTW, mine took approximately a month from the time it was complete and to my dealer. It was in delivery for about 2 weeks, so it looks like yours is on schedule. Just be patient, this car is so awesome.
I cannot imagine waiting that long. I feel bad for you, it must have been rough. I ordered my Ram as well but it only took five weeks. Although, it went from Warren, MI to Cleveland which is a very short trip.

The car went to "Released from industry" status today ... whatever that means.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Have your dealer pick it up at the railhead themselves. Do you know how far the rail yard is from your dealer?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have your dealer pick it up at the railhead themselves. Do you know how far the rail yard is from your dealer?
I am not sure ... from what I know they usually go from Branston to Toledo, OH then from there it will go to my dealer which is about an 1.5 hrs from Toledo. The whole trip is only about 5-6 hours driving time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I was goin thru what your goin thru I asked the same questions.The cars once built go to a holding facility where they stay until they get dispatched to ship.Dependin on where it is goin,it could sit for days or weeks.Last year I heard of cars sittin in holding for a long time.Yours will probably get sent out real soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my car on 3/17, it was built on 4/12 and supposedly shipped 4/18. I'm still waiting and the dealer says they have no idea where my car is and when they check it they say they are forbidden access. It seems even if they ship it by horse and buggy I should have had it long ago

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Mine took a little over a month to ship to Texas. Built March 9 and received April 12. You're on schedule.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Can you still order a new car and pick it up at the factory; like you could back in the 50's-60's?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts