Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20, FRAM XG10060, TREMEC trans fluid, RedLine gear oil, mud flaps all sitting in the garage. Just waiting on my 2019 R/T Shaker 6 speed B5 blue Challenger. Tick Tock.........Tick Tock...........Tick Tock...........

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep. To me the FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG10060 is the best out there for normal use. I'm not going to run the ba-geeza out this car so I don't need the SRT 041 filter. I can't see me driving more than 3-4000 miles a year. Every Nov-Dec it will get fresh oil/oil filter change before it goes away for the winter.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Only thing, the Extra Guard now has the better silicon anti-drainback valve but still has the cardboard end caps. Their synthetic filter is all metal caps with the better media and just a better filter imo and just a few dollars more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad. I mean't the FRAM ULTRA Synthetic oil filter. Good catch Slidd!!! I'll be putting the FRAM XG10060 on. I fixed my mis-named filter above.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just FYI - you need to change oil every 6k or 6months if you want warranty covered.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Just FYI - you need to change oil every 6k or 6months if you want warranty covered.
Looks like they said R/T shaker. I don't see mention of a scat pack. Normal R/T has a 1 year oil change interval or 10K miles. Whichever comes first.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Right, 5.7L is one year or 10K.
And how do you prove you did this if you do it at home?
Get a notebook and everytime you do something to the car write down the date, mileage and what you did and then gluestick any and all receipts associated with the work right there on the page. Keeps everything nice and organized and FCA will accept it for proof of service.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The dealer told me that if I didn't have receipts proving it was done from a licensed mechanic, I was out of luck. This upsets me because I do like changing my own oil.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's great to know. Apparently I need to talk to corporate on this because thats exactly what dealer told me. However I obviously know that the dealer is full of shit 80% of the time.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
The dealer told me that if I didn't have receipts proving it was done from a licensed mechanic, I was out of luck. This upsets me because I do like changing my own oil.
WAY, WAY more qualified and experienced the any oil changer period. Done them to 100% standard for 40 years.

Just because U change the oil at a shop does not mean U care about the quality of your work, that comes from birth not computer training.

From the slowest oil changer mechanic, Angelo

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Angelo, I agree 100%. To the dealership quick change guy making $9.75 per hr, "your" car means nothing to him. Just another blip in the day. I bulk buy oil/oil filters. I keep the receipts. All this crap coming from dealers is assuming something is wrong with your engine and you never serviced it all. If there's a problem, and the inside of my engine is spotless, they're going to have a heck of a time proving I didn't service it.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
No, that dealer is wrong, FCA says it's OK to do your own service but that you must keep an organized log or record and have all your receipts. It's in the both the owner's manual and the warranty manual too I believe.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Good. Time to spray some hot oil on my wrist.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the info everyone. I’m going to save receipts, log in a notebook and do it online as well.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,330 Posts
Congratulations on your B5 Challenger!

To me, the wait was bad and I kept following her build and calling, but the hardest part was the break-in miles! I wanted so badly to just push the gas pedal through the radiator! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts