Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this deal going as soon as the HC was announced. After selling my 2006 CSRT8, I've wanted to come back to the Mopar community. Springfest, brotherhood, you know. Anyway, long story short, I know the general manager of my dealer real good. I lock up 1st spot with just handshake. MSRP. We got your back. Regular updates, 8/8 is the day, blah blah blah. 8/6 rolls around, I get a call from a salesman, "Come down and order your Hellcat!" And then, in a small print "by the way", he says "oh yea, there's a $29,000 markup. WTF??? What happened to my MSRP order? I've dealt with the manager in the past, and he KNOWS I don't pay over MSRP. "Oh, I didnt know, this comes from the owner. They're only making 300 of them and we're getting only one." I've been buying high end cars for 40 years, and I call a huge BS. At least they could have used a believable number, like 5 or $10k. $29k? Really? Does it say Veyron on it anywhere? If I wasn't so pissed I would have laughed. Haven't had my intelligence insulted so bad ever. HC is an awesome car. Would I like to have one, of course. But not that bad. Good luck and congrats to those who ordered at MSRP. I won't be me this time.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
you know Bob Fredrick Motors I believe it is has no premium ... my buddy just ordered there ... let me know if you want the info ... this guy is good and very well known ... well here it is Robert L. Frederick II
President
Frederick Scat Pack
(330)550-5432

·
Registered
399 Posts
Had this deal going as soon as the HC was announced. After selling my 2006 CSRT8, I've wanted to come back to the Mopar community. Springfest, brotherhood, you know. Anyway, long story short, I know the general manager of my dealer real good. I lock up 1st spot with just handshake. MSRP. We got your back. Regular updates, 8/8 is the day, blah blah blah. 8/6 rolls around, I get a call from a salesman, "Come down and order your Hellcat!" And then, in a small print "by the way", he says "oh yea, there's a $29.000 markup. WTF??? What happened to my MSRP order? I've dealt with the manager in the past, and he KNOWS I don't pay over MSRP. "Oh, I didnt know, this comes from the owner. They're only making 300 of them and we're getting only one." I've been buying high end cars for 40 years, and I call a huge BS. At least they could have used a believable number, like 5 or $10k. $29? Really? Does it say Veyron on it anywhere? If I wasn't so pissed I would have laughed. Haven't had my intelligence insulted so bad ever. HC is an awesome car. Would I like to have one, of course. But not that bad. Good luck and congrats to those who ordered at MSRP. I won't be me this time.
Why were you pissed at $29? If it was $29,000, then I'd be pissed ;)

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I think in Indiana ... but he can ship it to your door or you can fly in and drive it home ..... he works for a dealer out of his own office and all SRT deals go thru him ..

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Robert L. Frederick II
President
Frederick Scat Pack
(330)550-5432

Reactions: 3 peddles

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
ha!!

Given all of the enormous marketing push and the rampant hysteria among the Challenger-enthusiast community, I wouldn't even consider making a purchase now-----unless I want to get raped.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Bob Frederick will treat you right. He's in northeast Ohio and will sell you @ MSRP. The list is probably pretty long by now though... when I spoke with him ~3 weeks ago I would've been #9 on the list. As already stated, he will ship the car to your door, as well.

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Premium Member
107 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Bob Frederick will treat you right. He's in northeast Ohio and will sell you @ MSRP. The list is probably pretty long by now though... when I spoke with him ~3 weeks ago I would've been #9 on the list. As already stated, he will ship the car to your door, as well.
My buddy is number 37 .... lol you are so rite ..... but he claims he can get them

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
$29K markup...Good lord you can buy another new car for the markup they are charging. It might not be a Dodge though.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Waiting for the HellCat to be available is like waiting for the moon to turn blue! Like is it ever going to happen! Dealer markups, MSRP, order date come and goes, this price that price, it is so pathetic already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts