Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has finally come to have my procharger installed. I have the complete kit fuel injectors fuel pump, upgraded race intercooler. I have done a lot of reading on this forum and will take any advice you have.i have a 180 stat know and temps are 186-89 so I am going with a 170 stat with the procharger. Car never gets drove in the cold, I do not even drive it in the rain. I will be using spark plug ltr7ix-11 ngk. I will be also running procharges tune, so stock boots as that is all they can handle. Walsh racing out of Detroit is who I have doing the job. do you know them or have heard anything about them? I have done a lot of research and know I am looking for any opinions. My due date to take car in is march 13th. Tanks for all the help and opinions you may give.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a similar set up on my SP . D1SC with race intercooler . with a 180 t stat I still see about 200 deg water temp because the race intercooler is blocking airflow to the radiator but it does not cause any issues . you may be a touch cooler with the 170. good choice on the race intercooler.. my IAT's are consistently 5-7 deg above ambient. hopefully that will help make the stock pistons happy..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm doing the same thing with my 2015 SRT. My guy is also installing a Snow stage II water/meth injection which will add hp and keep the stock pistons much cooler. He said up to 200 degrees cooler and also boosts the octane of the gas about 10 points. 91 octane becomes 101. 7 pounds of boost.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Just do what you need to keep it cool. Most failures are due to excess heat generated with boost which requires more piston ring gap. OEM gap will close up tight then overly expand against the cylinder with excess heat. That's when you see the piston break between top and first ring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts