Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 wanders on the road somewhat but is downright terrible when it's windy out. I noticed it very soon after I bought it new a couple months ago. Maybe the alignment wasn't done right at the factory. I don't have enough miles on it yet to check for abnormal tread feathering or wear. Has anyone else experienced this ?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
First i'd check your tire pressure make sure it is the same on both sides. You or someone else driving could have also hit a pot hole and that can mess up your alignment pretty easily. I haven't had any issues as far as the car wandering. If its windy it obviously pulls, but thats any car.

·
Registered
299 Posts
nope mine is goes sraight when it isn't windy does it go straight if you let go of the wheel, and when you say wanders I alway think of a old car that you can move the steering wheel without turning the car, this should never happen on Challengers.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
mine was like that when it was bone stock. the 4x4 ride height and skinny tires are the main reason.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My 2010 wanders on the road somewhat but is downright terrible when it's windy out. I noticed it very soon after I bought it new a couple months ago. Maybe the alignment wasn't done right at the factory. I don't have enough miles on it yet to check for abnormal tread feathering or wear. Has anyone else experienced this ?
Stock 17" or 18" tires?

I originally had the stock 17" Goodyears and they tracked like crap and were awful in the rain.

Since switching to Goodyear Tripletreads handling and traction are much better. Its like a night and day difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
17" skinny 215 tires, so that's probably it. I do have to keep after the tire pressure because one seems to have a slow leak.

Is is it ok to use Fix-a-Flat in the can with the TPS tire pressure sensors ?

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OH yes, mine does that too with the stock 17"s and the completely horrible Goodyear Integrities. With my summer wheel tires. It's firmly planted.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow! I thought I was the only one to have this problem with the 2010 SE. I have the stock 18" Integra's on mine and it's sometimes a handful on the road. Won't track straight without extra inputs and get's squirly in high winds or wet weather. Do I need a wider tire?

Greg

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have stock size 17" tire in Goodyear Tripletred and ride and traction are fine.

Big difference over stock Goodyear Integrity tire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My wife has an '05 300--It's perfect--BUT--I had the 'wandering' problem on my '05 Magnum, '07 Charger and now my '10 Challenger--NOT EXACTLY a 'wander' but wierd?? I even put a decklid spoiler on the Charger thinking it would help (and it did-maybe a little)--Changed tires/ wheels out on the Magnum and Charger w/o much improvement--something inherent in the body/ chassis design?? ('Course I drive fast and usually with my wrist at the 12o'clock position on the steering wheel--heck, I even drove our patrol cars like that during HIGH speed manuevers!!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts