Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was in the Corvette community we had options for $3K+ drag packs with skinnies up front. While for some that makes sense for others like myself I thought it was silly to spend that kind of loot on a set of wheels I might use a few times a year. With that said a solution was born. Pontiac GTO spares would clear calipers up front, and was a damn near perfect match to a set of Camaro ZR1 rears which were 10" wide. I was on a mission to make the perfect drag pack. So I bought the GTO spares and the ZR1 rears ($250) I then sent them to a powder coated to shave off the warning words on the face of the spares (55mph max. etc...) and then coat them in gloss black ($350), ordered a set of race master front skinnies ($250) and found a very nice used set of MT DR's for $300 local. After all was said and done I was about $1200 into the project. Clearly I could have easily shaved $4-500 off the project but in the end it was a drag pack that I could take to shows as well. Looked great and was perfect for me. I sold them and actually made all my money back.

With that said I would love to do the same with my Challenger. Clearing the rear is likely not the issue and with all the vehicles on the same LC platform sky is the limit however finding a spare, steelie, etc.... that will clear the Brembo kit up front with little to no spacers is the real challenge. Has anyone tackled this task?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I don't need front skinnies, but interested a set of rims (Cobra R..?) for the rears & appropriate tires.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I saw a Charger at the Columbus Nats last weekend running a pair of donut spares on the front and what looked to be a 15 or 16 inch wheel with slicks on the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts