Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm starting to think about my next mod for my 2010 SRT8. I have already added the K&N CAI, the Diablo sport tune and the CORSA XTREME Cat Back. I want to add more HP to my baby, what is the next logical step? A Supercharger or something else? What do ya'll recommend and what kind of HP gain and cost can I expect?
Thanks in advanced for all of your input and advice.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
what do you want to do race?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Do some exploring here, this is a common topic, but you need to make some decisions on, budget, expectations, shop, and usage. The next steps start getting much more extreme and require a lot of cash and commitment.

BTW, Welcome to the group! We have a bunch of guys going to Gulf Shores on 1/29 (another forum). There will be guys there with all sorts of builds. PM me and we can discuss.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to take it to the track occasionally, but mostly I just want to know i have the power to go past any rice burner, Camaro or Stang.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
well normally the next thing you would do before going supercharger is get a converter that should get you to the mid 12's with a good tire.
Then if money is an issue you could get a small shot of N2O

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The most important thing is setting a goal. Heads and cam can net you a solid power increase and you can also use them down the line if you want to upgrade your build later.
After that, you're looking at a supercharger or stroker (probably 426). If you decide to go big (blower or motor) give some serious thought to doing the motor first. It will give you a solid foundation to build on and make similar power to a supercharger at 6-8 psi.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well normally the next thing you would do before going supercharger is get a converter that should get you to the mid 12's with a good tire.
Then if money is an issue you could get a small shot of N2O
I don't mean to be ignorant but what do you mean converter?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Torque Converter you can get one that allows you to rev the Car to your max torque before delivering the power to the transmission to get a harder launch. I'm not an expert on it, but that's how I understand it. I ave a manual myself

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
The most important thing is setting a goal. Heads and cam can net you a solid power increase and you can also use them down the line if you want to upgrade your build later.
After that, you're looking at a supercharger or stroker (probably 426). If you decide to go big (blower or motor) give some serious thought to doing the motor first. It will give you a solid foundation to build on and make similar power to a supercharger at 6-8 psi.
Ditto. Goals, personal expectations, budget along with building a solid foundation are very important. For instance, when we installed a blower on my stock 6.1 it produced a solid street level performance but it wasn't cheap. After a summer the tranny began to act up. I made the "leap" after that but rearend and half shafts would have been next if I had not changed out the entire driveline. Do a LOT of home work. This forum is a great place to start. Good Luck and Welcome!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would like to take it to the track occasionally, but mostly I just want to know i have the power to go past any rice burner, Camaro or Stang.
C'Mon Man! Do you have the money for a Bugatti Veryon swap? Or do you mean beat a 15b 1600cc Honda NA, a 82 2.8l Camaro with a slushbox, and a 2300cc 1978 Mustang II?

Remember this.........Boost is the Replacement for Displacement! Get out your wallet!

Marion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts