Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
last year i swapped my stock chrome trim and shifter plate for a 6 speed leather boot version. i have decided i want to go back and get a billet plate insert. any auto guys want to swap or sell theirs? not buying from dodge as im not going to pay retail of course...dont want to swap that bad. im just always changing my mind and think a custom BT piece would look sweet in there. i attached a photo and circled the piece in question. i can also take a picture of the boot setup in mine of needed. it is in perfect condition

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i change my mind alot when it comes to appearance mods ... i think a custom black billet technology piece would look better to me. i am having a billiard ball being drilled and set as a shift knob as well

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
i change my mind alot when it comes to appearance mods ... i think a custom black billet technology piece would look better to me. i am having a billiard ball being drilled and set as a shift knob as well
I'm not mechanically inclined, so how easy/hard is it to install the 6 speed leather boot version?
What's the procedure?

I like the idea but don't want to get in over my head. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
piece of cake...i can make a video if you like. do you see the carbon fiber and then the silver surround area? all that comes up and the silver part clips into it

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
piece of cake...i can make a video if you like. do you see the carbon fiber and then the silver surround area? all that comes up and the silver part clips into it
I have an SE & I installed a Hurst pistol grip shifter handle. Will they be compatible?

I appreciate your patience with answering my questions!

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will measure the opening at the top of the leather and report back. if the handle fits through there you should be fine

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the opening is between .5" and .75" ... got a link to your hurst pistol grip? does it slide over the stock shaft and use a set screw? if so this will work just fine

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
the opening is between .5" and .75" ... got a link to your hurst pistol grip? does it slide over the stock shaft and use a set screw? if so this will work just fine
Sorry, I thought that I had already responded. I don't feel comfortable with it not being attached to the bottom of the shifter handle because of the possibility of dust getting in there. Thank you anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts