Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to change the stock exhaust on our 08 Challenger SRT8, auto. Am considering MagnaFlow cat backs. Also considering headers. We don't race the car, but am looking for better sound, with a bit more power. We have a shaker hood with cold air induction. What is the most bang for the buck?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Want to change the stock exhaust on our 08 Challenger SRT8, auto. Am considering MagnaFlow cat backs. Also considering headers. We don't race the car, but am looking for better sound, with a bit more power. We have a shaker hood with cold air induction. What is the most bang for the buck?
Per the SRT engineers, swapping the stock cats out with hi-flow cats is actually the best bang for buck as that is where the restriction is in the stock system. According to them the stock headers are good to handle up to 500 hp.

You might check out post #4 on the following forum: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/resonator-cut-off-29166/

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per the SRT engineers, swapping the stock cats out with hi-flow cats is actually the best bang for buck as that is where the restriction is in the stock system. According to them the stock headers are good to handle up to 500 hp.

You might check out post #4 on the following forum: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/resonator-cut-off-29166/
By hi-flow cats, you are talking about the catalitic converters. Then you talk about cutting off the resonators. You lost me. Help

·
Registered
247 Posts
MBRP is the ultimate setup for our cars. Zoomers comes close i think but the MBRP's are a better full package including the quad tips.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
By hi-flow cats, you are talking about the catalitic converters. Then you talk about cutting off the resonators. You lost me. Help
Yes he's talking about the catalytic converters, remove and install free'er flowing cats.

The resonators are the rear most muffler looking right at the tips of the exhaust. Your auto car also has a suitcase muffler (2 into one and out two sides againl) in the middle of the car or right in front of the rear axle.

The simplest and cheapest route is to leave the resonators in place. Cut the suitcase muffler out and straight pipe where suitcase muffler was. Be aware that removing the resonators on an automatic car will cause a plugged ear resonating sound that some find very offensive and other can live with.

The next lowest cost exhaust I have found is www.summitracing.com and www.jegs.com brand exhaust, they are listed under their own company name (jegs, summitracing).

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have a custom cat-back exhaust being hand built at this time from Meisterschaft. It is a modified Roar-series. I plan to post photos and a video of the sound once I get it and install it. They have been around a long time, but mostly european cars. Just another option to consider. The sound is awesome. They are planning to support a group buy some time in Jan 2011. Too bad I'm not waiting till then.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/meisterschaft-exhaust-35255/

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It's not an SRT but the following video is of my 09 R/T Auto with CORSA Xtreme no drone Cat-back exhaust,JBA Shorty Headers,K&N CAI and a few other things explained in the clip.It might give you an idea of how your car may sound with the mods.Use headphones for an accurate listening experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts