Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a GT as daily driver. Because I can’t get the other one because I live in place where it snows 7 months . So does anybody own a 2017 GT and had any problems with it and thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had mine since December, about 7000 miles. no problems really like the car as a daily driver has more than enough performance for my needs , yes a v8 would be nice and sound better - but I like the awd . handles great in the snow. I also put a set of winter tires on, goes through the mild Wisconsin winters with no problems. great car

·
Registered
64 Posts
just a tick over a year old 20k on speedo,,has been back to dealer one time for trans update,,still smooth.quiet ride,,did replace mich's with conti's [my choice i hate mich's]
had a 2016 Cherokee before this and is just as good if not better in the ohio winters !! its heavier and goes like a snow plow !!! average 28-30 mpg and v6 has plenty of passing power
ALOT of comments on the go green color but its not offered right now,,very good investment

Reactions: Belmonte

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I bought a 2017 GT for my DD one year after buying my 2016 R/T 392 Hemi Shaker it is a great DD I like driving it on some days more than my R/T. The GT lets you put the hammer down in relaxed comfort not the I must be on my toes and easy on the loud pedal or I am going to ground loop into a ditch or pole. The only problem I have had with the GT in one year two months and 15,500 miles is the Uconnect freezing a few times and rebooting and performance pages not working once that required stopping the engine and restarting to get working it has not bothered me enough to take it back to the dealer yet. I will take it back at least once before the three 36,000 mile warranty expires and the lifetime $100 dollar deductible starts.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have 44K miles on my 2017 GT. The only issue I've have is with the Uconnect locking up and randomly rebooting itself (100+ times) but since the software update I've gone 4K miles without any issues. Great car and about 8K miles of my driving has been in snowy/icey conditions without any issues.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 2018. Buggy electronics. In the shop 5 times in the first 6 weeks (First time only 2 days after delivery). I'll make you a $$$ deal on it.

Reactions: Belmonte

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great information in this thread which was helpful in my decision to get the GT awd (gonna be my DD).. Hopeful that I wont get any of the uconnect bugginess like mentioned but still very helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts