Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here and probably won't have too much need for this forum in the future.

I've rented a Challenger R/T and have it for the next 10 or so days. As of right now, I'm addicted. It's completely intoxicating, and as such I want to get the most out of it as possible.

Judging by how it looks, I think it's a 2019 (and it only had 4,700 miles on it when we picked it up), and basically, I want to hear back from anyone who knows any cool things I can do with this utter beast before we have to give it back to the rental guys.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Buy one and we'll tell you. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
They don't sell challengers in England?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Turn traction control off and burn the tires! ? ? Otherwise, just drive it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Find a straight road, roll the windows down, drive to about 20-25mph then mash the gas. Let the tach hit about 6k to red line, keep the tires as straight as you can. Then as stated above hit the sport button and do it again.

Push the shifter to the left and Autoshift, hold the gears for as long as you want, upshift and downshift..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They don't sell challengers in England?
Not that, and not even that they're too expensive either. 60 grand will get me a 2018 hellcat with 1500 miles on it, and there's a 2012 challenger near my house. But insurance is the real killer, as is fuel. My dad had an M5 competition package and since he switched to a 530e he's saved 5 grand in fuel costs.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Take it a track and wear it out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find a straight road, roll the windows down, drive to about 20-25mph then mash the gas. Let the tach hit about 6k to red line, keep the tires as straight as you can. Then as stated above hit the sport button and do it again.

Push the shifter to the left and Autoshift, hold the gears for as long as you want, upshift and downshift..
Done some highway pulls already, and am looking for an opportunity to do this. Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts