Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everyone knows the CAI will increase engine sound when you press on the gas, also removing the ridiculous heat-holding engine cover makes a big difference (trashed on the 1st day), but there is 1 other item you can remove to enhance the sound of the motor.

Reach behind the back of your intake, there is a round foam plug sealing the large hole in the plastic casting, its about 3 inches round and 2 inches thick, grey foam. Pull it out and you will hear much more of your engine sound, as an added benefit it will allow the intake to keep cool and dissipate heat much faster.

Remove this plug and take a drive, you will hear a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Its just a dead hole and because it is and it faces your firewall it really projects the sound. Think about the air movement as well letting the heat out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting! I wonder why the foam was put there in the first place. Haven't had a chance to take a look. Anybody else can offer their experience?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
LOL, I am going to have to go check mine right now.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
It might be there to keep the engine quiet. :indifferent:

Reactions: Danner

·
Premium Member
931 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
That is interesting, anymore info on this?

·
Registered
425 Posts
interested on hearing the why on this before pulling it out, . . . . twss . . . .

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts