Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger GT AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following conversations regarding lowering a 2018 GT AWD. I need to find a reputable mechanic that will remove 1-1/4 coils to obtain the desired stance without f***ing anything else up -- which has been the case when having work performed on my other vehicles. If anyone can recommend someone, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
Best regards,
hemoore [[email protected]]

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,440 Posts
Even though I have gone the route of cutting the stock springs on previous Challengers, I would advise getting some lowering springs instead. Cutting is too unpredictable and just not worth it when there are suitable options available that don’t require such extreme measures.

Coincidentally enough, I just replaced the Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs on my car with some Eibach Sport Lines. I don’t know if these Stage 1 springs will fit an AWD car, but if they will, you can have them to use on yours.

I would expect the cost of shipping to be covered, of course, but other than that, they’d be gratis. 😁

·
Registered
2018 Challenger GT AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much for your reply.....this is why I haven't done anything yet. There was a post that someone lowered with the coil overs and have vibration in the front. This is my first AWD car and am searching for an outcome that won't F*** up the suspension. Not in a rush to get it done....just on my list of things "to do" next.
Appreciate your time.
hemoore

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
Hypothetically speaking, I doubt you will find a reputable mechanic that will pull your springs, cut them, and then reinstall. There is too much potential liability involved if something goes wrong later on.

Im sure you could find someone willing to do it, but they’ll likely be Joe Bob Mopar working out of his garage on weekends. While certainly capable, he may fall a little short of the “reputable” designation you require.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger GT AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even though I have gone the route of cutting the stock springs on previous Challengers, I would advise getting some lowering springs instead. Cutting is too unpredictable and just not worth it when there are suitable options available that don’t require such extreme measures.

Coincidentally enough, I just replaced the Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs on my car with some Eibach Sport Lines. I don’t know if these Stage 1 springs will fit an AWD car, but if they will, you can have them to use on yours.

I would expect the cost of shipping to be covered, of course, but other than that, they’d be gratis. 😁
I will have to research if the Stage 1 lowering springs will fit the GT AWD. Again...I have a performance mechanic that I worked with in the past and plan to speak with him on Monday.....he's not a MOPAR person so don't know how much he will know. Where are you located should the Stage 1 be a feasible option. I wasn't too keen on cutting the springs until the car had more miles on it.....it would make things a lot easier if Dodge had the stance right from the start !! LOL Thanks much, hemoore

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
I will have to research if the Stage 1 lowering springs will fit the GT AWD. Again...I have a performance mechanic that I worked with in the past and plan to speak with him on Monday.....he's not a MOPAR person so don't know how much he will know. Where are you located should the Stage 1 be a feasible option. I wasn't too keen on cutting the springs until the car had more miles on it.....it would make things a lot easier if Dodge had the stance right from the start !! LOL Thanks much, hemoore

I can get you a weight and approximate box size if you need me to

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts

Part numbers for rear and front springs respectively

1 - 8 of 8 Posts