Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 6 speed srt8 challenger made 405hp 400 tq on a diablo tune by Johan running vp ms109 race fuel I have a cold air intake diablo intune and the rear mufflers deleted. What would be a good way to make 500 hp besides nitirious but I'm wanting to spray later on. I was thinking of doing a cam but was undecided on the srt max and max plus or a custom grind also was gonna have my heads and intake ported and polished while they're off. What does anybody recommend? I want to know what I should buy what brand and what works good with what to make closer to 500 hp

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well what's your budget? Also not to say Johan tunes aren't good, but I would get a custom dyno tune made. I know a few people who thought their vehicle was running good, but once they got a dyno tune, they were able to squeeze out more power.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We'll you could procharge it but it's really expensive about 130-160 hp. With 7lbs of boost. On my car with the 5.7 not sure about the srt .Cam would be your best best bet, won't get you to 500 but pretty close. Have you thought aboIt doing any tranny work before you do anything to heavy? I got the nag1 in my car and it's good up to 525hp just a thought

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just ordered the SRT Max Plus cam. Soon as i get the cam installed its going on the dyno and getting custom tune, Ill be posting numbers when that happens.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
What kind of power delivery are you looking for? What's your budget? What do you use the car for? All of these factor in. It's you're looking for a fast street car with consistent behavior regardless of throttle input, cam it. If you want gobs of torque, supercharge it. If you want to be able to shift it out of boost and retain tolerable mpg, turbo it. It all depends what you want. Another option you have is nitrous though I don't know how familiar you are with dope. It can be quite tempermental and may even require aftermarket pistons, though any forced induction (nitrous, turbo, blower) will require forged pistons.

·
Registered
627 Posts
You made 405 hp to the wheels ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I made 405 to the wheels completely stock car cai diablo intune on vp 109 race fuel and that's it. I made 7 pulls and all were right about 400. Af were way to rich the first couple of pulls dropping to like 11.2s and I leaned it out and went consistant 405 back to back three times. And I don't really have a budget I know I can buy a cam for around 480 the valve springs and pushrods are needed apperantly so at the end of the day id have around 650-700$ in the cam job which ain't that bad. But I don't understand why everyone says headers first. Why would I spend 1200$ on somthn that's not gonna make a huge difference yet. And yes eventually I am going to go pro charged but I will be building the motor at that point. But yes I also thought about spraying before I do much to the car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.