Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, first post on the boards - try not to be too harsh lol.

I believe that I've searched the forum pretty thoroughly, but I cannot find the answer to this question.

I have a new jazz blue r/t and I'm looking to add white war stripes that don't include the r/t lettering.

I absolutely do not want to do this myself. I think my nest option is to order some online and have a professional install them. But who does this? I've called the dealership and they said that they have no idea who would do it and told me to google it. So far all I've found on google are custom paint shops that would only be able to design a custom one for me - but I don't want to experiment or pay for custom work that I dont need.

So my question is, has anybody gone this route? And how did you go about it? At this point I'm not even sure what to google - but "professional decals" doesnt return many useful results lol

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Try any local sign shops. Most of them at least dip their fingers in auto graphics and could take care of what you need. I work as a graphic designer at a T-Shirt shop and I have even done a little.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There are several vendors here that sell the graphics you want you could go to any sign shop or body shop and have them install the graphics for you

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Honestly you need no special skills to do this, fill a spray bottle with water and one drop of dish soap, line up the decal (these particular ones are more or less self aligning) cut any excess paper from the decal, put on fender and rough fit (eye ball align), apply blue tape in key areas to make your positioning marks on your dry fit...spray down fender remove the backing paper from decal and spray down all sides of the decal and apply...you'll want to put them on wet so you have plenty of realignment time (use your fender body line for precise alignment... Use the supplied rubber squeegee and with moderate pressure to smooth the bubbles out to the edges...applying graphics only gets difficult when access is a problem like roofs...Try it you'll be glad you did and save $$$ along the way

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed mine myself. Its not hard at all. Just follow the advice Tremic gave and watch a couple youtube videos and you'll be fine.

If you still don't want to do it, check with some window tinting shops. A lot of them will do vinyl work too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts