Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming out of Indy last night, bout midnight, what do I see? red and blue lights with a box truck, newer camaro and a scat pack all wrecked at the scene. such a shame, to be so lame, its cold out there, so just beware tires dont hold so watch being so bold.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I made the mistake of driving to work yesterday in my car. There wasn't much snow on the ground but it was wet underneath the snow and really cold. I was slipping and sliding all over the place every time I had to hit the gas from a stop. I think it was more of these crappy Pirelli P Zeros the car came with more than anything else but man was it scary driving. Luckily I leave for work at 6:30 in the morning so there wasn't much traffic on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
If you have summer "3 season" tires don't be a fool and drive in cold inclement weather. Get some real winter tires. If you have "all season" tires keep in mind they are at best a poor compromise in all seasons.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shame to hear about those 2 wrecked cars. I wasn't slipping or sliding in the Michigan snow the last couple of days with all seasons. If you have a lot of tread left they work pretty well. Main thing is to drive smart and watch for other drivers. Knowing your path and slowing down gradually for sharp curves helps too.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
If you have summer "3 season" tires don't be a fool and drive in cold inclement weather. Get some real winter tires. If you have "all season" tires keep in mind they are at best a poor compromise in all seasons.
But they'll work far better than the 3 season tires - they turn rock hard below 40* and its pretty much like driving on ice.

I run all seasons (Oregon) and have driven in freezing rain, icy roads and snow to about 1-3" and get around. Run all seasons on my other car.
-snow is an occasional occurrence in the Western side, but we have 4 snow events last winter and several freezing rain days as well.

If one's in an area where snow is a regular event and stay - yes, winter tires would be the way to go.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hell, my butt is fishtailing during the middle of the Texas summer. Just be careful always my dudes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Hell, MY BUTT is fishtailing during the middle of the Texas summer. Just be careful always my dudes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Think how bad it would be if you actually drove!! :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
SoCalChallengerLover
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing