Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone :grin2:. I'm thinking about getting a 2018 Scat Pack but I'm wondering if anyone knows the full details regarding the factory warranty it comes with. I don't want to spend extra money on any unnecessary extended warranties. I appreciate any and all answers, thanks for your time.

Regarding maintenance, what oil does the Scat Pack demand? For fuel is E 85 acceptable?

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
Pretty standard these days ..

months / miles x 1,000

12/12 - Clutch and Brakes
36/36 - Bumper to bumper
60/60 - Powertrain
60/60 - Roadside Assistance
60/unlimited - Corrosion rust thru

Oil for the 392 is required to be a synthetic 0W-40 and Dodge recommends it also meet MS-12633.

No, you cannot use E85, must use premium fuel 91 minimum octane.

Good luck in your search!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Oil change intervals are max of 6K miles / 6 months - even though full synthetic is called for.

Tire rotations are 6K intervals for max tire wear - per manual

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
dodges webpage clearly lays out the warranty. Doing your maint will not affect anything as long as you use the correct spec supplies at the right intervals. Short of oil and windshield wipers, under warranty any maint should be done by the dealer.

As far as extended warranties, financially they don't make sense, your paying ahead for repairs that you might never need. Some guys give this peace of mind, or I'm keeping this car for ever bunk, it doesn't hold water and isn't logical. One thing is dodge will send you letters a few times a year offering their extended warranty so you can always pick it up later.

If your not 1000% sure your keeping the car more than 5 years, pass on the extended warranty. All of these guys got these keepers for cars forever. Funny this you would be hard pressed to find a 10 year vehicle with its original owner.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
My 1st car 14 years, my 2nd car 21 years, lifetime warranty for this car. Not everyone changes cars like underwear. A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts