Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing some mods to my Challenger. However, I purchased the bumper to bumper lifetime warranty and I don't want to do anything that will void it. I was thinking about calling Dodge directly to ask what could be done to the car. Can anyone confirm what will void the warranty? The mods I want to do are: Catback, CAI, and a perfomance chip.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Personally, I would NOT contact Dodge rather I suggest you contact and build a solid relationship with your local dealership. Also, check out the many threads regarding this subject ...some good discussion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My dealer installed the Corsa exhaust before I bought the car.Couple of months later he installed CAI.Told me those mods do not affect warranty.Performance chip may be a problem.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The programing will be a problem, if you alter the manufactures programming and it causes a problem or if you have a problem and it is related to it then your warranty is out the door.

·
Registered
177 Posts
"The programing will be a problem, if you alter the manufactures programming and it causes a problem or if you have a problem and it is related to it then your warranty is out the door."

Again, it depends on the dealership. My dealership service department installed my tuner and will stand behind me.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
call up the warranty company and cancel it and get your money back, then you can do what ever you want and stop worring about that useless warranty, you'll have a blower before you know it anyway :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
"The programing will be a problem, if you alter the manufactures programming and it causes a problem or if you have a problem and it is related to it then your warranty is out the door."

Again, it depends on the dealership. My dealership service department installed my tuner and will stand behind me.
I have two suggestions to see how willing your dealership would be to stand behind you.

Blow your engine or transmission.
Have your dealership put it in writing.

You'll soon learn how far back your dealership will stand behind you.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
call up the warranty company and cancel it and get your money back, then you can do what ever you want and stop worring about that useless warranty, you'll have a blower before you know it anyway :bigthumb:
Agreed, fn warranty making me old before my time. I hate my car more and more every day because I cann't do anything to it or I loose my lifetime warranty. I could go on and on and on...........If I only knew........should never have thrown out that crystal ball............Did I tell you how frustrating it is to have a lifetime warranty and being a Hp junky.......makes me want to trade off my challenger and buy brand X that come from the factory with all the goodies..............p and m.............

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed, fn warranty making me old before my time. I hate my car more and more every day because I cann't do anything to it or I loose my lifetime warranty. I could go on and on and on...........If I only knew........should never have thrown out that crystal ball............Did I tell you how frustrating it is to have a lifetime warranty and being a Hp junky.......makes me want to trade off my challenger and buy brand X that come from the factory with all the goodies..............p and m.............
It says on your signature box you have an exhaust and a CAI. So is that a joke or do you really have one? Did that void your warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
If you hate the warranty so bad, just ignore it. If you can't get your money back by canceling it and really are frustrated, just ignore the damn thing and do what you want.

If you don't want to do that, I guess you don't hate the warranty enough yet.

Mike

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It says on your signature box you have an exhaust and a CAI. So is that a joke or do you really have one? Did that void your warranty?
Exhaust can go back to stock although I"m not worried about it.

CAI is my own invention and can go back to stock in minutes.

If you do other mechanical stuff your pretty much on your own if Chrysler wants to dig deep enough into the ECM/PCM/TCM and for major work they will.

You could get flagged for exhaust and CAI but if you fought them hard enough it can not void your warranty unless they were the direct cause of the problem.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If you hate the warranty so bad, just ignore it. If you can't get your money back by canceling it and really are frustrated, just ignore the damn thing and do what you want.

If you don't want to do that, I guess you don't hate the warranty enough yet.

Mike
My lifetime warranty was free back when Chrysler was going under they were doing everything they could to sell vehicles. I also bought my RT Classic for $30,493.00

I was venting about the warranty and what warranty denial on a different dodge vehicle has done to my head............more like joking.........but still kind of serious............I know it's an affliction only those who have experienced it can relate to............I don't hate the warranty enough yet.............wish I could modify my car..............sure would be nice to have Dodge fix a $6,000 transmission on them this time.............It's true but I'm also messing around..............damn warranty...........Hp junky........:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts