Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Indeed, I mentioned Mag-Moss in the recent thread about the FCA Buyback. I actually used Krohn and Moss to represent me; they have practices in quite a few states and were very highly regarded in this area of consumer protection. Also, they take cases based on the strength- basically, they take any case they think they can win and my case went exactly as they told me it would.

Perhaps more appropriate for his forum, the link outlines how Modifications to cars cannot void the warranty unless the modification can be shown to be the direct cause of the needed repair. In other words, using non-OEM wiper blades will not void the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’m going thru a major headache problem with my vehicle and it was only repaired 1 time but was down from July 31,2021 til Oct 8,2021
3 months and the arbitrator agreed with dodge that my car isn’t a lemon due to Covid-19 and waiting for the part to arrive but my car is still down and nobody can tell me what’s the major issue with my car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m going thru a major headache problem with my vehicle and it was only repaired 1 time but was down from July 31,2021 til Oct 8,2021
3 months and the arbitrator agreed with dodge that my car isn’t a lemon due to Covid-19 and waiting for the part to arrive but my car is still down and nobody can tell me what’s the major issue with my car.
Not a lemon based on state law or Federal law?
Waiting on a part is different than continued problems.
The amount of times your car has been back for repairs comes into play when it comes to Lemon Law.
Check on the federal level to see if you have a case if you haven’t already.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Correct, generally you have to have a certain number of repairs before you can file - then the manufacturer usually gets one final attempt to repair. Also, just because you hear a noise or something bothers you, doesn't mean it will sway the lemon law board - again, they are looking for issues related to use, value, and safety; that's what you will need to be able to establish.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,200 Posts
Not a lemon based on state law or Federal law?
Waiting on a part is different than continued problems.
The amount of times your car has been back for repairs comes into play when it comes to Lemon Law.
Check on the federal level to see if you have a case if you haven’t already.
While the poster's car was down for some months the reason was out of the dealer's control due to factory shutdowns due to COVID. Generally these don't start the lemon clock running.

Certainly if the car goes in too many times -- and there is probably more to this -- that can justify having the car declared a lemon.

Best advice I can offer the poster is read up on the lemon law in your state and build a case just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts