Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Shaker
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood seal is completely trashed. Can I have Dodge just send me a new seal and I replace it myself? I don't feel like taking it in and waiting hours to have a weather strip seal replaced.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you're good friends with your dealer they may send you a seal. Realistically, warranty work doesn't normally happen that way.
If the seal is even covered.

·
Banned
98 Posts
We all know that, but how does it change ApexDestroyers situation?
I don't think he will be able to order parts without a dealer inspection first. I have tried similar and the dealer ALWAYS wants me to make an appointment.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392 M6 Go Mango
20 Posts
The dealer gets reimbursed by FCA for warranty work, so of course they don't want to just sell the part.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
If you are talking about the hood seal in the front, between the hood and the front fascia, I replaced mine last year.You will also need 11 new push pins.

·
Banned
98 Posts
I believe I replaced mine from EBay parts.

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,091 Posts
Common issue. I replaced mine twice on my 2010 R/T. If it is under warranty let them do it, they won't just give you the part.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think he will be able to order parts without a dealer inspection first. I have tried similar and the dealer ALWAYS wants me to make an appointment.
I think you're right about the dealer inspection for the warranty claims. I just feel like it's a waste of an entire day just to replace something so simple.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe I replaced mine from EBay parts.

Is the tool required for the push pins?

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
I have a metal rivit gun. Will that work with plastic parts?
its secured with single use plastic rivets - you can buy these at Harbor Freight - buy the rivets from dealer (11 req.) so you have the correct size.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I received this response from Customer Care (not the dealership)

Thank you for contacting me back, I do appreciate it.

I meant that FCA would look into possible reimbursement for you if you get that part, then send attached to this email as a PDF, proof of payment and receipt.

To purchase – simply log onto www.mopar.com and enter the part number. Once you have verified the part is exactly what you are looking for, add the item to your “cart”. If this completes your order – follow the remaining prompts to process your order.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,797 Posts
Possible reimbursement ...

A Guy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts