Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as everyone knows, there is a headliner issue with sunroof challengers. I took it in, they looked at it, took pictures, knew it needed to be fixed. Car is 1 year old with 14,500 miles.

They called me back today and said they were to take it to an upholstery stop get an estimate and decide to repair or replace. That would take at least a full day. Then I'd have to come back to have this done, another few days. All understandable, but changed quickly when I asked for a car.

This is my daily driver, I can't borrow a significant others or family car, and I need it to get around.. well you guys know what a DD is. He went on to say they don't do loaner cars, so I suggested reimbursement for a rental which the service adviser also said no to. I told him it was unacceptable, he suggested I speak with the director of the service department. I haven't spoken to him yet, but was told I will get a call back.

Am I being unreasonable expecting them to provide a vehicle while they fix their problem?

Any advice on how to get at least a rental reimbursed? I really don't want it to come down to writing dodge a letter, which would probably take months to get a response to.

FYI this is Greenway Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Orlando, FL off of SR-50.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If it is under basic warranty it shouldnt be going out to an upholstery shop. It should be replaced with a new factory replacement piece. Dodge will cover it...I know cause I have replaced atleast 3 headliners myself and a couple more have gone to other techs at in the shop.

Sadly even if replacement it does take a full day atleast cause only real way to get the headliner out is to remove the front glass. I know some people say there are other ways but thats the way I have always done them (Chrysler pays us to do them like that, thats how I am going to do it)

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
I thought there was a fix for this, that didnt reqiure replacement? Do a search on the forums

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
FYI this is Greenway Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Orlando, FL off of SR-50.
drive to Sanford and have Fields check it out... Ask for Chris Young in the service department..

I don't take my car to Greenway anymore...........

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drive to Sanford and have Fields check it out... Ask for Chris Young in the service department..

I don't take my car to Greenway anymore...........
Oh man thanks for the tip, I'm getting sick of them as well. Do you know if they are mod friendly (minor mods, hurst, exhaust, etc.)?

It's TSB # 23-028-12. Print out the TSB and take it to them if you have to. It was released 9/14/12. It's amazing how many service departments aren't aware of TSBs...

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Challenger/TSB/ChallengerTalk_dot_com/TSB_LC_2302812.pdf

Takes 45 minutes. Do not let them replace your headliner!!! They have to remove your windshield to do that.
I've brought printed out TSBs to them before with no avail. The folks at Greenway have been mostly friendly toward me, but they fall short on actually getting the work done.

But back to my original question. Any chance of getting a rental car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I work at a Volvo/Jag/LandRover dealer and let me tell you, these techs are nothing but parts changers. I couldn't even get a master Land Rover tech to give me a firing order.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
But back to my original question. Any chance of getting a rental car?
According to the Vehicle's Warranty Manual:

1.1 Incidental and Consequential Damages Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover any incidental or consequential damages connected with your vehicle’s failure, either while under warranty or afterward.
Examples of such damages include:
• lost time;
• inconvenience;
• the loss of the use of your vehicle;
• the cost of rental vehicles, gasoline, telephone, travel, or lodging;
• the loss of personal or commercial property; and

• the loss of revenue.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to the Vehicle's Warranty Manual:

1.1 Incidental and Consequential Damages Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover any incidental or consequential damages connected with your vehicle’s failure, either while under warranty or afterward.
Examples of such damages include:
• lost time;
• inconvenience;
• the loss of the use of your vehicle;
• the cost of rental vehicles, gasoline, telephone, travel, or lodging;
• the loss of personal or commercial property; and

• the loss of revenue.
Boo. Well I disagree with that practice, but I guess it is what it is. Thanks for finding that.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
See if they will hook you up with a rental at a discount.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Funny. When I called dodge and complained about my shocks they offered me a replacement vehicle....well more like I demanded one, they said no. Then they called me back 2 days later and they said they would cover it. I did not use it but they were fast and responded really quick to my email. if you write them a letter it may take a month to get back, if you send an email it will be fast.

Good luck, dodge has done right by me so far.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Boo. Well I disagree with that practice, but I guess it is what it is. Thanks for finding that.
No problem.

But to be honest with you, it also depends on the dealership you take your car in for service. I'd been to one dodge dealership (back in the nineties) that use to let customers (or just me) use their used vehicles as a "rental". It was great!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Oh man thanks for the tip, I'm getting sick of them as well. Do you know if they are mod friendly (minor mods, hurst, exhaust, etc.)?
Never really had any problems with my mods (hurst, exhaust (hearders/mids), my hood (AFR). Always got compliments from them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
A rental is a nice extra, but unless it's part of the deal it isn't included.

I had a dealer give me a used car as a loaner once too. Maybe another dealer does this?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See if they will hook you up with a rental at a discount.
Yeah I will give that a shot at least.

If you get the TSB done and it taks 45 minutes, why do you need a rental??
Oh I agree with you, and I will try for just the clips first. Once they have something in their heads its hard to get them to change it though. I had to have my door handles replaced twice. Once when it was TSB, then when it went to actual recall status or whatever, I had to have it done again. I tried explaining it over and over to different people, and the closest I would come was, "well I see what you mean, but we have to do it anyway."

Funny. When I called dodge and complained about my shocks they offered me a replacement vehicle....well more like I demanded one, they said no. Then they called me back 2 days later and they said they would cover it. I did not use it but they were fast and responded really quick to my email. if you write them a letter it may take a month to get back, if you send an email it will be fast.

Good luck, dodge has done right by me so far.
I will also give this a shot if I can't convince them to do the TSB.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack, Pitch Black, 2015 Challenger SRT -sold, 2011 Challenger SRT8-sold
158 Posts
I had this same issue. Dealer did a 45 minute fix. It has held now for months. I put pics up on a previous topic some time ago. There is a kit to fix it. Also, anytime I have had to leave my car for warranty work, the dealer got me a rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts