Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... or at least that's how it seems. Pollen season has started in full force and it's covering everything. In past years, I had a garage to keep my car in but this year I don't have that option. Other than keeping the car inside, does anyone have any tips for keeping the pollen from caking on the car and filtering into every crack on it? Do car covers keep it out, or will it filter through the fabric? Are there any waxes that might help repel the stuff? Or do I just grin and bear it for however long the tree sperm keeps flying?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would assume a cover would help. The pollen, unless agitated while on the cover, would likely not simply "fall" through it. You'll likely get some penetration, but it won't be as bad as without a cover.

So long as you've got a nice, clean, smooth finish from waxing/polishing/clay bar, I don't think there's any one thing more you can do to assist with the pollen issue... it'll "stick" regardless... how adhesive it is will depend on your exterior finish/detail work.

If your surface is CLEAN (no wet/damp dirt, road grime, etc.) get a dust brush (made of microfiber, etc.).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The California dust mop is way to go. See the junkman's video on this to make sure you are using it properly so not to add micro scratches to your finish.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yea its bad, it gets on ours in the garage if the door is up. I just use a duster to keep it cleaned off. Good Luck with it. Ronnie

·
Registered
812 Posts
Keep a good wax on the car, that's a must. Next, heat a California Duster and brush it before every drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts