Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you guys with Pitch Black Paint take care of your paint?
Time for me to go out and buy some wash and waxing products for the new Pitch Black Paint. I also want to keep my leather interior (Ruby Red), & my hyperblack wheels/tires clean and shiny.

1) Any specific products I should use to keep my paint shiny and new looking?
2) In addition to the above question, what about my leather interior?
3) Wheels/Tires?
3) Has anyone experienced any color problems with the stripes on their cars? Heard that I may have a problem keeping it from being faded/clean, is this true?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!

Rule #1....NEVER clean or polish or wax in a circular motion, up and down or back and forth only.

Any name brand product works pretty good, I like MEGUIRES products or MOTHERS and TURTLE WAX ICE works great!

All waxes and polishes seem to work well the key is how long they last!

More info to come!

·
Super Moderator
14,909 Posts
There are a lot of detailing products on the market. I prefer Meguiar's Ultimate line of polish, wax and detail spray.

The first step to a great looking car is to wash it properly. Watch this instructional show car wash video.

·
Registered
2013 Core
820 Posts
Your first step, especially with a black car should be a ceramic coating of some sort. It's not cheap, but there is no better way to keep a black car looking nice. No amount of proper washing and waxing can keep your car as scratch free and looking good as a ceramic coating. Find an installer in your area and pay the nice man.

Not a bad video. I'd add a foam canon as a prewash. After spraying the wheels with either Adams or simple green (depends on how dirty they are) I blast my car with the foam cannon. Let it sit a few minutes and watch the dirt run off. Rinse the car and the go with the two bucket method as in the video.

After washing per the video, use a leaf blower of some sort to dry your car and the wheels. Finish by using a good micro fiber drying towel. Spread the towel out on the car and gently pull it by the corners across the car. Do not dry the car by grinding the towel into it in a circular motion! You're just trying to get any water off it that the blower missed. Put your good towel away any use some regular towels to dry the jambs, inside the trunk, and under hood.

If you drop your wash mitt throw it in the garbage. Or use it on the wife's car. Matter of fact if you drop a towel or it touches the ground, throw that in the garbage to or use it on your wife's car.

There are few things I left out but you'll develop your own system inp time. The important thing to remember is that everything you use has to be clean. All of your tools have to remain clean or you will scratch the shit out of the clear coat. The hardest part of maintaining a black car is avoiding swirls. Here's a close-up of my 2013 Challenger with ceramic Pro on it after 2 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts