Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Being it's winter and everybody has felt the arctic vortex. I was wondering about moving the washer nozzles to the wiper arm/blade area. I can see the concept of the nozzles being in the hood as to "trying" to keep the washer fluid from freezing at the nozzle itself, but once the nozzle is covered in snow/ice that idea doesn't work to well.

Lowering the freeze point of the washer solvent and having the nozzles at the blades might be a better solution.

I know you can go to salvage yards, buy aftermarket(or OEM) nozzle assemblies from other car applications.

So my question is. Has anybody done this already?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I live in Mpls. The nozzles being on the hood just makes them so much easier to access and clean if required! I like them there more so than hidden in the wiper arms so if they do get frozen or clogged it`s much more of a pia to clean them...
Only bad part - in the summertime if you use your w/s washer fluid and your car is clean, it dribbles all over the hood!! lol.....

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
I bought a set from Speedlogix and they work well. I don't drive in snow so I can't relate anything to that but water and stuff they work like any other squirter nozzle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts