Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's just above freezing here and i just washed both cars. the water turns to ice, what a pain in the as$.
Now i gotta go back out there and do the wheels and jambs.
my hands are like blocks of ice.
but they look good LOL

5,134 Posts
Yeah it's always a rush to wash the car before storing it ... Gotta keep an eye on the weather reports.

I envy the guys like Junkman who have interior washes and drains.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'll be right over...mine is kinda dirty right now. It's going to get detailed by Feb by an autobody fanatic I know. We're going to wetsand and polish the whole beast so it's even and looks like glass! Figure there's no point in washing it cuz its sitting in the driveway till then.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im a plumber and put hot/cold mixing hose bibs in garages for people like you. Moen makes one that turns hot/cold like a shower valve.....or you can be like me and have a hot only one...my hands burn from the 100% hot water coming out when i wash cars in the winter...because its so hot it doesnt freeze to quickly and i can often towel dry it before it freezes.....depends if your in Alaska or not i guess...if its close to 30 youll be fine...a plumber could do this for you for around $300-400 depending on how close your hot water pipe is to the garage

·
Super Moderator
15,104 Posts
Rubber gloves also help with keeping your hands from going numb and turning blue. The heavy latex/rubber dishwashing gloves to a pretty good job and are fairly durable for the job.

Almost 2 years ago, I got up on a 30* morning and did some chores indoors, figuring it would warm up some more by the time I got outside.

Got the warm layers of clothes on, gloves on hands and got the car washed. Went to dry the car and there was a thin sheet of ice that flew off the roof, hood and trunk went I went to wipe it dry with towel!

It got to about 32-33* when I had finished...

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be right over...mine is kinda dirty right now. It's going to get detailed by Feb by an autobody fanatic I know. We're going to wetsand and polish the whole beast so it's even and looks like glass! Figure there's no point in washing it cuz its sitting in the driveway till then.
buckwheat did that and when it's next to another silver car they look like 2 different colors, his car is wicked shinny

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
If the car is not really dirty, try the waterless car washes from Adams Polishes or Dri Wash n Guard. I use both and they both do a good job, although Adam's is easier to use.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Jon you beat me to it I love the waterless wash it's great for road trips also. I use smart wax and it's easy on easy off :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts