Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2017 Dodge Challenger T/A. I am really trying to start off on the right foot as far as getting cleaning supplies. I got the Rat Wax for the car, is that a good choice? I also got the Poor Boy's World tire cleaner. I would appreciate any comments to let me know if I am on track. Any words of wisdom for when I get my windows tinted?

·
Super Moderator
15,351 Posts
Don't get the cheaper metallic film - the rear window defogger grid is the AM/FM antenna in the upper portion - you'll affect radio reception with that.

Also - most installers tell you this - is don't operate the windows up/down for several days to allow the window film to cure / allow adhesive to dry properly.

·
Super Moderator
15,351 Posts
there's information in the owners manual about matte paint finishes - your hood is matte paint - you don't use waxes and polishes that are designed for gloss finishes on that hood.

The front fascia (nose) and roof and trunk are vinyl film that's applied on those areas. So paint polishes and waxes aren't applied to those (as well as the side stripes, if yours doesn't have those as deletion on the order).

The rear spoiler is also a matte finish paint as well on T/A models

1 - 3 of 3 Posts