Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
388 Posts
That looks good. I was so happy when Texas went to simple white plates with black letters. Plus, it looks extra good on my white R/T with black accents! "Artsy" plates look weird to me. All the colors tend to clash with whatever car they're bolted to. Good luck to WA residents on making this a reality!

Cheers!

JD

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
Looks like they are flat/printed like Iowa's. I guess all their plates are now?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
10,542 Posts
What exactly is the end goal? I'd rather sign something thst removed the requirements for a front plate period.
Front plates are necessary for when you’re getting chased going in reverse, haha 😉
I’m from New Jersey and have no front plate on 3 of my 7 cars for almost 30 years and nobody says a word. Supposedly, (someone with knowledge correct me) you’re not supposed to park backed into a space if you are from a one plate state as they can’t readily identify a cars ownership.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
Front plates are necessary for when you’re getting chased going in reverse, haha 😉
I’m from New Jersey and have no front plate on 3 of my 7 cars for almost 30 years and nobody says a word. Supposedly, (someone with knowledge correct me) you’re not supposed to park backed into a space if you are from a one plate state as they can’t readily identify a cars ownership.
But is there a law technically requiring one? I've been stopped twice in my life for no plate. No ticket, but I'd rather not risk it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"The organizers at America’s Automotive Trust are announcing a unique opportunity to support car culture by bringing back throwback Washington State license plates. The Trust is committed to helping programs such as LeMay—America’s Car Museum, the RPM Foundation, Club Auto, and the Concours Club. To turn the wheels on the legislative process, signatures will be needed on social media. Proceeds from the plate purchase will provide educational opportunities throughout Washington State: securing grants, scholarships, and apprenticeships for aspiring automotive technicians, and ensuring that historically significant automobiles are preserved for future generations."
And...well there just cool. They look better than any other plates available in Washington. Except for the Seahawks plates. 😆

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
Looks like they are flat/printed like Iowa's. I guess all their plates are now?

A Guy
It varies - WA (up through 2018) had stamped aluminum plates

Here in North Carolina they're stamped aluminum plates, but in South Carolina its a vinyl overlay on a flat aluminum plate - and they seem to deteriorate over time

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,423 Posts
What exactly is the end goal? I'd rather sign something thst removed the requirements for a front plate period.
End goal is to have a unique plate avail, to which the added cost proceeds are directed towards educational grants for WA students.
La May ACM are a great group of people and really give back to the community in a variety of ways.
Yes front plates are "required" yet, Ive not ran one on any of my now 3 challengers and never once had a cop even look twice at me over it. I do understand some areas in WA. are more enforced in this regard, than others.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
End goal is to have a unique plate avail, to which the added cost proceeds are directed towards educational grants for WA students.
La May ACM are a great group of people and really give back to the community in a variety of ways.
Yes front plates are "required" yet, Ive not ran one on any of my now 3 challengers and never once had a cop even look twice at me over it. I do understand some areas in WA. are more enforced in this regard, than others.
What part of the state do you live in? I got pulled over once in North Central washington (long time ago in my old durango, I think the screaming infant twins discouraged him from hassling me much) then once outside of Spokane in the challenger (where the deputy got a huge kick out of the three carseats in the back)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Front plates are required in Washington. I just choose to store it under the passenger seat of my 4runner just incase. Been a year since I did a grill mod and installed a light bar where the plate is supposed to go. No problems yet. This could also come in handy for them traffic cameras. Lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts