Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video was posted in the "Funny Photos" thread. I think that it deserves its own.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good thing he didn't do anything too stupid !

When I lived in Vegas a blacked out Mustang w/an aftermarket hood scoop pulled up next to me on my way home from work - neutral rev'ving, jumping the throttle, chirping tires when traffic would get moving - shit you not it was bumper to bumper stop & go, so I wasn't going to mess around...what was the point?? (had an 05 GTO at the time)

Well this goes on for a few lights and I ended up ahead of him a bit at one stop with the sun directly in our eyes - I then could clearly see the scoop had red & blue LEDs under it and there was a light bar inside at the top of the windshield. I had 'heard' about metro Vegas bait cars from several guys but never actually saw one...until then.

Rolled down my window and gave him a big thumbs down - 'not today, jackass!!'. I respect the police as much anyone but to me that was total BS.

Any Vegas members know if they're still doing that kind of thing out there?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,526 Posts
There's blacked out, including windows, Z06 drug seizure car the Highway Patrol uses here.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Years ago & work related I got a ride in a local police dept‘s Buick Grand National. It was a confiscated drug vehicle, a black car with dark tinted windows & even a radar detector.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Years ago & work related I got a ride in a local police dept‘s Buick Grand National. It was a confiscated drug vehicle, a black car with dark tinted windows & even a radar detector.
Hey cops don't like getting tickets either ;)

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts

When I lived in Vegas a blacked out Mustang w/an aftermarket hood scoop pulled up next to me on my way home from work - neutral rev'ving, jumping the throttle, chirping tires when traffic would get moving - shit you not it was bumper to bumper stop & go, so I wasn't going to mess around...what was the point?? (had an 05 GTO at the time)

Well this goes on for a few lights and I ended up ahead of him a bit at one stop with the sun directly in our eyes - I then could clearly see the scoop had red & blue LEDs under it and there was a light bar inside at the top of the windshield. I had 'heard' about metro Vegas bait cars from several guys but never actually saw one...until then.

Rolled down my window and gave him a big thumbs down - 'not today, jackass!!'. I respect the police as much anyone but to me that was total BS.

So he can drive like an ASS and bait other drivers. One day he will do that on a dash cam and get dressed down in court for it. I did construction for a homeowner who was a DEA agent and she l got pulled over (he didn’t notice her car was a government car unmarked) by a local cop who played big and bad, she got him fired. See pretty woman can turn the tables pretty quickly. She had the last laugh.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,499 Posts
There's blacked out, including windows, Z06 drug seizure car the Highway Patrol uses here.
Yet if you tint your windows too dark you get in trouble. Just because someone shoots a cop that had tinted windows now we have tint laws. Should tell the cops, "Don't pull over cars with tinted windows of they make yo afraid", or, "Don't want shot at, pick another line of work".
Window Tint NEVER launched a projectile that killed anyone!!!

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
Yet if you tint your windows too dark you get in trouble. Just because someone shoots a cop that had tinted windows now we have tint laws. Should tell the cops, "Don't pull over cars with tinted windows of they make yo afraid", or, "Don't want shot at, pick another line of work".
Window Tint NEVER launched a projectile that killed anyone!!!
There was a NJ court case that was challenged and the motorist won. Unless the officer has a light meter to determine visibility he can’t make the ticket stand. My township made the police remove their dark tint so the residents could see who’s in the police car. Say a you’re trying to flag one down you’d have no idea if you were being acknowledged. It’s supposed to be they lead by example and not do as I say, not as I do.

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
There was a NJ court case that was challenged and the motorist won. Unless the officer has a light meter to determine visibility he can’t make the ticket stand. My township made the police remove their dark tint so the residents could see who’s in the police car. Say a you’re trying to flag one down you’d have no idea if you were being acknowledged. It’s supposed to be they lead by example and not do as I say, not as I do.
They could always send a young cop out in blue jeans and a T-Shirt but, to try and antagonize someone into racing??? What happens when the cop messes with a car that they can't catch or while in pursuit the office hits a pedestrian or a vehicle with an innocent family in it?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Anymore with the cops killing a woman in her house while serving a "No Knock" warrant, to the wrong address, the ex cop in Georgia shoots a jogger, I say get the guns out of the hands of cops.

Okay anti police state rant over!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Wouldn't this be entrapment? Entrapment is defined as "Actions of a law enforcement official that persuade or encourage a person to engage in an illegal act, which he would otherwise have been unlikely to commit."

A person charged with a crime he believes a police officer, or other law enforcement official, convinced him to commit, may claim he was “entrapped,” or caught in a trap baited by the police.

·
Super Moderator
15,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a funny drag racing prank video in which the tables have been turned on the police.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts