Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I have any dew or precipitation on the car and I open the window, the water pours into the car like no tomorrow. (See picture if unfamiliar with issue.) Is there a fix to this issue, other than installing rainguards or keeping the windows shut?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
In my car, I just keep the windows closed until the dew blows off the car. I still have fresh air coming through the vents.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
In my car, I just keep the windows closed until the dew blows off the car. I still have fresh air coming through the vents.
Yes! If it is raining and I open my window just a little I get a lap full. If it is wet there it obviously has a direct route to the drivers seat if the window gets open at all. Well it's not just me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured that's all I could do. Does this occur due to the shape of the tip of the door frame/A-Pillar?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT
307 Posts
The aerodynamics of the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh yeah found this out by rolling down my window as I squirted the windshield washer fluid. Luckily I wasn't dressed up for anything.

Mopar or No Car, Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have experienced the same thing. We get quite a bit of condensation here in Florida! I like to open the windows to better hear the wonderful sounds of the 392 HEMI, but I will get a lap full of water if I don't do something about the dew first. I have started keeping a couple microfiber towels in my trunk. Before I head out in the morning, I'll quickly wipe down the roof to dry off most of the water. Only takes a minute or two and lets me get more enjoyment from that HEMI rumble!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts