Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
these cars in my country are really rare ones. And finally I got it!
It came from USA's auction. It was damaged by "hail". So the guys who brought it to my country - "fixed" it and sold to me.
During buying process - I've checked all kind of technical stuff - like, electronics, engine, transmission, etc. all was ok.

Time passed and there were few rainy days I noticed this (actually as roof is black and interior dark - it was hard to notice before, without flashlight):
Ceiling Leather
Grey

I touched it and it was still wet. Damn.
So I started looking for problem source by myself - and I got following:
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Glass Windscreen wiper Fender
Parallel Steel Carbon Aluminium

I am attaching more photos below, I think that something is weirdly done after that "hail" fix.
Maybe some of you can share your photos of these spots? + any comments will be useful too.

Thanks a lot!!

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Is it possible that the paintless dent repair guy stuck his tools in places where a water seal was broken when he took out the hail dents? Maybe some silicone seal would fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible that the paintless dent repair guy stuck his tools in places where a water seal was broken when he took out the hail dents? Maybe some silicone seal would fix it.
Thanks for prompt answer. I think yes it's possible that he played too much with tools.

Thanks for advice - I will try it out with silicone seal.
Just all the way down, like this:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Under no circumstances should you use silicon. Silicon can lead to a large extra expense should you need to have a professional deal with this (and a laundry list of other reasons I don't want to get into). Use a urethane sealer if needed.

That part that is riveted on in your pictures has a seal under it. I wonder if it was removed during the repair?

I'm also curious if the roof was repaired or replaced. You could have a failure of the seam sealer that runs along each side of the roof under the roof moldings.

Do you have a sunroof?

·
Registered
538 Posts
The rubber seals between your door windows and the roof need replaced. You should not be able to pry the seals apart as shown in your photos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Sunroof Gasket Seal is probably leaking and the water has ran down on each side....
Nope, no sunroof.
Under no circumstances should you use silicon. Silicon can lead to a large extra expense should you need to have a professional deal with this (and a laundry list of other reasons I don't want to get into). Use a urethane sealer if needed.

That part that is riveted on in your pictures has a seal under it. I wonder if it was removed during the repair?

I'm also curious if the roof was repaired or replaced. You could have a failure of the seam sealer that runs along each side of the roof under the roof moldings.

Do you have a sunroof?
Hey, nope, no sunroof.

It's hard to tell if there is a seal or not under that riveted part. I do not know how it should look for sure, but on first drop of eye, it seems that there is no seal between them, just metal to metal knobbed.

The roof itself was not replaced.

Btw, can you drop any examples of suitable urethane sealer at ebay or amazon?
Thanks

The rubber seals between your door windows and the roof need replaced. You should not be able to pry the seals apart as shown in your photos.
Thanks, can you show close-up photo - how it looks originally let say on your car?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
You will need to remove the old stuff new seals and installed with Automotive Urethane get a Body Shop to do it ...
you can get the Seals from Steve White take to a shop and get them to install so it doesn't leak anymore...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts