Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6.1 Challenger with a Procharger HO kit. I'm trying to decide the placement of the injector. I'm putting it in as close to TB as I can.
Can anybody with the same set up as mine chime in. My thought is the right side of the air box which is in front of The TB, and the left side has the IAT sensor.
Thanks

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
I have a 6.1 Challenger with a Procharger HO kit. I'm trying to decide the placement of the injector. I'm putting it in as close to TB as I can.
Can anybody with the same set up as mine chime in. My thought is the right side of the air box which is in front of The TB, and the left side has the IAT sensor.
Thanks
I recall seeing one exactly where you're talking about on another car, I'll see if I can find the video. But yea anywhere between the blower and the IAT sensor is a good idea, the closer to the TB the better.
I found the video-

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
FWIW I bought a TB spacer (I have to see if I wrote a thread about it) because the elbow on my magnuson supercharger kit would not mate up to the airbox without offsetting the box. Anyways it came with 2 ports to install either nitrous or WM injectors.

Ah found the thread.

This was the spacer

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
FWIW I bought a TB spacer (I have to see if I wrote a thread about it) because the elbow on my magnuson supercharger kit would not mate up to the airbox without offsetting the box. Anyways it came with 2 ports to install either nitrous or WM injectors.

Ah found the thread.

This was the spacer
View attachment 1016177
Only problem is that would spray after his IAT sensor

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
Only problem is that would spray after his IAT sensor
Yeah, I forgot that the PD superchargers have the IAT further downstream. Maybe mount the IAT (will take some ingenuity) to one of the other ports on the TB spacer.

Actually that is a bad idea...would spray directly on the sensor.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
Actually spraying downstream the IAT does not seem to be a problem. I would give the link but since this came from another forum that gets blocked by CT I posted an image of the response.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks I did see that one, he put it in place of the IAT sensor and put the sensor on the right, I’m hoping I don’t have to do that, I’ll have to extend the sensor wires.

Ah found the thread.

This was the spacer
View attachment 1016177
Unfortunately there is zero room between the TB and the Procharger outlet box the hose coupler in between is barely 2” there is probably 1/8 between the connections

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Actually spraying downstream the IAT does not seem to be a problem. I would give the link but since this came from another forum that gets blocked by CT I posted an image of the response.
View attachment 1016178
I'm not sure why it would be safer running it post IAT. In my theory I wouldn't change the hot IAT spark tables that way if the meth doesn't spray it doesn't add timing, but I'd make the cold IAT tables a little more agressive so it only adds timing when it sees a cold IAT. That way you get the benefits of cooler aircharge, reduced heatsoak, and higher octane/more agressive timing, without having to worry about the meth kit failing. This is my plan anyway so if anyone knows why this is a bad idea please lmk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
I'm not sure why it would be safer running it post IAT. In my theory I wouldn't change the hot IAT spark tables that way if the meth doesn't spray it doesn't add timing, but I'd make the cold IAT tables a little more agressive so it only adds timing when it sees a cold IAT. That way you get the benefits of cooler aircharge, reduced heatsoak, and higher octane/more agressive timing, without having to worry about the meth kit failing. This is my plan anyway so if anyone knows why this is a bad idea please lmk
Water meth on a PD is not recommended (at least not by magnuson) but then you get guys like Prometh saying it is not an issue. I have thought about adding it but since I don't race I just run a conservative tune and call it a day. As for cold and hot IAT spark tables...not 100% sure if that will work that way? For example, there is a knock table that supposedly adds fuel when knock is detected but it does not seem to actually work. You might want to search HP tuners forum or just post up the question there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my plan was not to tune for it,
Just a safety for higher boost, I’m running 14.5 my thoughts were to inject at 7 ish so if the PCM saw a colder air charge and added a bit of timing I’m okay if the IAT is sensing that and if the pump or injecter failed which I’ve heard they do... I think I’m still safe. I’m adding a sensor to the meth pump so I can see on my T2 when it comes on and see what it does to AFR and IAT I think I will be trying a few places

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
Honestly I would post up your setup on the HP tuners forum. Lot of knowledgeable tuners that have done just about everything. 14.5psi on a 6.1 (I assume stock rotating assembly) sounds like a tad much even with water meth IMO.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Honestly I would post up your setup on the HP tuners forum. Lot of knowledgeable tuners that have done just about everything. 14.5psi on a 6.1 (I assume stock rotating assembly) sounds like a tad much even with water meth IMO.
I'd be extremely impressed for a stock 6.1 to last more than 1 pull at 14.5psi. but I actually have a question for you with HPTuners, I'll send a pm.

and if the pump or injecter failed which I’ve heard they do
The problem I'd be more worried about is the injector failing and continuously spraying when it shouldn't be. However it seems like if the kit doesn't fail almost immediately it should be reliable for a long time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ll actually get to find out this year, tuning was not completed till end of October because of all the pandemic delays. It was freezing rain the day I brought it home, then our friend Old man winter showed up Oh crap can we still call him that LOL

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
I’ll actually get to find out this year, tuning was not completed till end of October because of all the pandemic delays. It was freezing rain the day I brought it home, then our friend Old man winter showed up Oh crap can we still call him that LOL
That's gender neutral winter to you sir. Who built your motor?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That’s correct ha ha , I did it my self, I get board in the winter, so it’s my hobby, I did drop in pistons and rods at 30 000 KM
Did a quick recross hatch,
Removed some compression with gaskets, bought it down to about 9.8 so 15 psi is about all I would want to do on them, some say you can go more but I’d rather stay on the safe side, it’s been about 2 years since I did it, I started at 6 psi then increased Last year

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,295 Posts

Ah found the thread.

This was the spacer
View attachment 1016177
JD40 planted the seed so i,ve been researching it. Thinking of going this route.. good vid of it installed in the TB spacer.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was awesome!!! I'm still waiting for my parts, big delays every where. but good news it was not on the Ever Given.
I hope to test soon

1 - 20 of 35 Posts