Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Water Pump, Lifters and more at 26k! Umm...

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  19johned53 
#1 ·
Long time lurker, first-time poster.

So I go in for my routine oil change, I have a 2015 SP 8AT with 26,6XX Miles. When I called to make the appointment I mentioned to the service rep that I had a loose door handle and also a slight ticking. I dropped the car off in the morning on 3/02. I get a call later that morning saying "We got your car, we have changed the oil and are going to take a look at the door handle and have a tech listen to the ticking, we will most likely have the car ready late Friday or early Saturday." Fast forward Monday 3/05 I get a call saying "The tech believes your lifters are bad, also you have a leaking radiator. We are going to have to take the motor apart."... Next day 03/08, I get a call late in the day saying " Yup, lifters are bad, also you have a bad water pump. We are going to have to hold onto the car for at least two weeks since the lifters are on backorder." :ugh:

I heard from everyone and their mothers that I would regret buying a Dodge when I picked up my Challenger. I brushed it off thinking it was just a running joke. :|

How is it possible that with only 26k miles it has the following:
-Bad Radiator
-Bad Water pump
-Loose driver door handle
-Lifters

Is there a recall on any of these for MY 2015 and up? I bought the Challenger with only 15k miles last year May..
I am going in today to pick up a loaner, is there anything else I should ask them to look at while they have the engine apart? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
This scares me. I have what I think is loud ticking at startup, but I’ve never owned a Hemi so not sure what is “normal” and what isn’t. I brought my car into the dealership to have them listen to the ticking and they say it’s normal, but I’m wondering if I should bring it to an independent mechanic to diagnose...

Really don’t want my 3/36 warranty to pass, to find out lo and behold, the lifters are actually crap.

#3 ·
Yes it is bizzare! This is my first hemi too, I came from an Evo X.. which also had its shares of issues but nothing like this. I hope they end up doing a recall on these lifters, I found a few other threads with the same issues along side the water pumps and radiators... Also forgot to mention my paddle shifters are starting to give me issues as well when I hit up it down shifts... All I can say is keep on them about any issues before the 3/36 runs out..

#5 ·
#9 ·
Quote: How is it possible that with only 26k miles it has the following:
-Bad Radiator This is a known issue with 392 cars in '15. TSB was issued
-Bad Water pump Hit and miss over the years
-Loose driver door handle Not commom
-Lifters Tech was probably hearing the "Hemi Tick" and got the approval to replace lifters. Might be quieter for a while, might not, or may be louder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.