Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since this car I just bought was a rental and sat at the dealer for a few months there are a bit of waterspots on the front if it which drives me nuts... getting her waxed now at a wash place... tried some good ole turtle wax and didn't get very far with it... anyone know if some good products so I can maintain the wax job and paint condition?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,596 Posts
So since this car I just bought was a rental and sat at the dealer for a few months there are a bit of waterspots on the front if it which drives me nuts... getting her waxed now at a wash place... tried some good ole turtle wax and didn't get very far with it... anyone know if some good products so I can maintain the wax job and paint condition?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Here some info
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f40/indestructible-waterspots-83347/?83347=#post1137549

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issues, water spots and fine swirls. I used both 3M Auto advanced rubbing compound and meguiares Fine cut cleaner. I did this with a orbital buffer using the Blue bonnets to apply. Worked Great!!!! Just keep a water bottle handy to mist the car as you work. You need to keep compounds from drying.

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
After you get the water spots out, I recommend Meguiars Ultimate Wax. It puts on a high gloss shine and lasts for a long time. Also, use Meguiars Ultimate Detail Spray after waxing and every two weeks to get that slick-feeling finish.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use this: https://www.s100.com/s100_dw.htm

used it for several years on my Harley's
i was waxing with Meguires ultimate and noticed streaks and spots when applying it and decided to use the S100 first then did the ultimate wax after.

It removes spots and brown spots on yellow paint where leaves laid on the car in the rain. Works well on shaker plastic and plastic around front grill and tail lights. It removed spots on vinyl stripes. Buffs out easy leaving a nice shine. Leaves no residue, dust or white on plastics like paste wax would. Makes applying ultimate wax after much easier and buffs off easier as well.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
500 Posts
Clay bar will work.
My wife's Durango R/T (Granite Crystal) was hit with recycled sprinkler water while she was at work when they started testing the system. Detailer and washing it didn't phase the spots. They were so bad that it was difficult to see through the windshield.

However, a clay bar took the spots right off. (Mother's ... but any brand will do.) A fresh coat of Mother's Synthetic Wax and all was once again right with the world. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Girlfriend wanted it to rain today so she wouldn't have to water the plants. So I said 'I'll make it rain' and proceeded to wash my car.

She came outside and laughed saying You didn't make it rain.' Just give it a little time ' and proceeded to apply wax.
While applying a coat of P21S I noticed several areas of water spots and a quarter sized bird drop etched in.

P21S did nothing. Bug and tar removal did nothing. So I was going to try Mothers clay bar when I saw the little bottle of cleaner wax in the kit.
Like magic the spots were gone. :grin2:
Went over those areas with the P21S again, put everything away and it started pouring. :headbang:
After it stopped I broke out the cordless leaf blower and she looks brand new again.

Yes, I'm part Blackfoot Indian and I can make it rain.:hippy:
and cleaner wax will remove waterspots.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,075 Posts
Looks great, but then I am biased :)

A Guy

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've tried the following and some of them were really hard to get out:

RX Water Spot from CG
Hand compounding with RX Water Spot from CG... Did nothing.
Stepped up to machine: white finishing pad... Took out some.
Stepped up to Orange pad cut: Took most out.
Stepped up to Microfiber pad cut: Took almost all out. Took way too long.

Griot's cut and compound:
Worked pretty well with orange pad. Didnt take too long. Still some hard to get ones didnt come out.

Went to Meguires 105:
Came out no problem with orange cut pad. But the dust is just unbearable. I also felt that the window dulled a little. Went and polished afterwards with some Griot's Polish and a white pad Looks great.

My opinion is that you should not use M105... It dusts way too much. The Griot's compound worked well, did not dust, and was the best solution for hard water spots.

I now only use 105 if I absolutely have to. The dust is just killer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts