hey did you stick with the 3:06?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i got my quaife from HHP and it slid right in also i stayed 3:06 to

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
Good Job. I just put in a wavetrac and 3.55 gears, sucks the 08s came with inferior rearends. At least we have some options now. Richmond will have gears available this year for the Getrags

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Job. I just put in a wavetrac and 3.55 gears, sucks the 08s came with inferior rearends. At least we have some options now. Richmond will have gears available this year for the Getrags
Thanks,I was going to do the Getrag swap but was worried about the wimpy clutch packs.This unit should work out good.The guy from the Driveshaft shop says they use Wavetracs in some of there 8 second frt wheel drive drag cars!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
What rims and tires you running in the back.I was looking at the Weld rims 17x9 or 17x10 and Maybe the M&H tires HHP has.I'm doing some power mods soon and want to test it at the track!
the bogarts the welds were'nt out when i got mine and i run the hooiser slicks 28"

·
Registered
2 Posts
The link I clicked brought me to this page but I do not see any Wavetrac LSD installation or pics. I do not see anything other than these 12 posts. Can someone direct me to the actual page for the Wavetrac LSD installation with pics, please?

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
387 Posts
The link I clicked brought me to this page but I do not see any Wavetrac LSD installation or pics. I do not see anything other than these 12 posts. Can someone direct me to the actual page for the Wavetrac LSD installation with pics, please?
You're in a forum with a decade old thread - the hosted images from wherever are likely long gone.

Most people swapped factory Getrags into non-LSD cars so not many Mopar Wavetrac installs out there. HHP in Smyrna, DE did mine in a couple hours and would probably be the most experienced with this platform. A quick call to the Wavetrac folks may be helpful too. After learning LSD installs involved shims, backlash settings and whatnot I knew it was beyond my bolt-on capabilities. Didn't want to ruin the tone rings either requiring whole new axles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're in a forum with a decade old thread - the hosted images from wherever are likely long gone.

Most people swapped factory Getrags into non-LSD cars so not many Mopar Wavetrac installs out there. HHP in Smyrna, DE did mine in a couple hours and would probably be the most experienced with this platform. A quick call to the Wavetrac folks may be helpful too. After learning LSD installs involved shims, backlash settings and whatnot I knew it was beyond my bolt-on capabilities. Didn't want to ruin the tone rings either requiring whole new axles!
It's been an adventure so far. I've about got it figured out and yes it's all shim, press in, install pinion gear, insert diff w ring gear, check cover and lash...then pound out the pinion gear, disassemble, adjust shims and reassemble and check lash and on and on and on....I about there. I see the light and it's all coming together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts