Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am the happy owner of a beautiful black challenger rt plus. i have never owned a car with decals like the ones down the sides of this car. they are charcoal grey and i really like them. now my question is: i want do a good wax job on this car right away but i am concerned that the edges of the decals might be adversely effected by the waxing. is this possibel? is there a special technique or type of wax that i should use? i appreciate any info you guys (or girls) may have on this topic. Thx!

·
Super Moderator
15,526 Posts
I use Meguires Detail Spray on my stripes and Meguires Ultimate Wax on the paint. I have had no problem with wax build-up around the stripes.

Others have used TurtleWax Ice on their stripes. It goes on clear and leaves no residue around the edge of the graphic.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I use Meguires Detail Spray on my stripes and Meguires Ultimate Wax on the paint. I have had no problem with wax build-up around the stripes.

Others have used TurtleWax Ice on their stripes. It goes on clear and leaves no residue around the edge of the graphic.
^^^ I use the Turtle Wax Ice spray it works great and very easy to use, you can apply it to every exterior surface

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ditto on this Meguires combo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
well i am the happy owner of a beautiful black challenger rt plus. i have never owned a car with decals like the ones down the sides of this car. they are charcoal grey and i really like them. now my question is: i want do a good wax job on this car right away but i am concerned that the edges of the decals might be adversely effected by the waxing. is this possibel? is there a special technique or type of wax that i should use? i appreciate any info you guys (or girls) may have on this topic. Thx!
Wax buildup around the edges can be cleaned up with a soft bristle detail brush.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Just use good wax. I've been using Surf City Garage on everything and love it. Before that I've used Zymol exclusively.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks all, its Friday!!!!!!! I will be waxing that baby this weekend! I took her out for a spin last night and I like this car more everytime I drive her. hope to have time to get some pics and work on my "challengertalk" profile too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts