Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put matt black vinyl on mine. Heard something about not getting wax on them........what I do?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts
Tape off the edges of the stripes with painters tape. The stripes will need to be cared for separately. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
66 Posts
As long as you aren't directly spraying a wax onto the vinyl most spray waxes and or silica sealants will work just fine.

You don't need a 'special' product as chemical companies would lead you to believe. But, for sure, you want to use a liquid spray product.

Apply the protectant to the application towel and then work it in in small circles to ensure saturation and even coverage.

I would suggest testing the product you own in an inconspicuous area.

Generally the vinyl might become richer and or deeper in color after the protection is added.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i think what people mean is no paste wax. i personally like the chemical guys matte products for my shaker sp, but the shaker & spoiler are not matte so can require a different method. but the most important thing i've found is no matter what you, don't do it in the sun, as detailing will turn out streaky. once that happens i had to go back to the wash cycle to get rid of streaks before could do the detailing.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I did paste wax over mine and worked fine. Put a little detail spray on a micro-fiber towel to remove any stubborn areas where small amounts of paste may have stuck next to the vinyl seam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts