Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's something I've been wanting for a while. I never use my Carplay because it doesn't have Waze. The Apple Maps isn't as good with real-time traffic. With the upcoming iOS12, 3rd party navigation apps will be supported with Google Maps and Waze confirmed to be present during their keynote. I almost bought an android phone because I as annoyed with the lack of Waze on the 8.4 inch screen.

source: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/04/apple-says-third-party-nav-apps-coming-to-carplay/

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw this and am pretty psyched about it. I just recently started using Waze about a month ago and have been impressed with it, especially for the real time traffic stuff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Screw the real time traffic, join up on Waze and be one of the many cop reporters for us fellow wazers. I love seeing the speed traps that are set up on my route, I’ve probably avoided hundreds of tickets thanks to Waze and it didn’t cost me a dime. Just make sure and report stuff so that it helps others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am wondering if this will allow reporting from the radio. There are a few threads of the waze forums that explain Carplay/AA only allow so many icons on the screen at a time for reducing distraction. Non of the forum posts I can find talk about real time traffic reporting on waze using Carplay though.

Ron

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am wondering if this will allow reporting from the radio. There are a few threads of the waze forums that explain Carplay/AA only allow so many icons on the screen at a time for reducing distraction. Non of the forum posts I can find talk about real time traffic reporting on waze using Carplay though.

Ron
maybe it can be voice activated i've yet to use waze on carplay. if not we would be benefitting and not contributing to the system and if everyone does that it wouldn't be as effective

·
Registered
387 Posts
That would be great if it was. "report police here" would be much faster than trying to hit all the buttons on the phone while driving. Since its not supported yet the only people that have used waze with carplay have a rooted phone. That may or may not be an accurate way to measure how waze will look when it is actually supported using the non jailbroke carplay interface.

Ron

·
Registered
116 Posts
18 392 TA with Iphone 7 here.

When I got my car 4 weeks ago, Carplay worked fine.

Google maps with directions displayed on the Uconnect screen and voice came through the speakers.
WAZE would not display on Uconnect screen but the warnings DID come through Uconnect in car speakers. Unfortunately, if I was listening to Sirrus, it would stop that and then I would have to hit SXM button again to go back to music.
IF I listened to music off my phone, there was no issue.

Having said that, Carplay has disappeared from my Uconnect and I cant find it or get it back. I THINK this coincided with the upgrade to IOS 11.4.1 that I just did a week or so ago. Carplay DID work with my previous IOS 11.x.x whatever it was Pisses me off.

going to try another iphone if I can find one that hasnt been updated yet. My wife is usually 10 or 20 updates behind because if it works dont mess with it..

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Have any of you guys noticed when you use WAZE they are late with directions and you miss turns?

I was using it for ride share and had to switch back to google maps because WAZE gave me too late directions to turn.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Have any of you guys noticed when you use WAZE they are late with directions and you miss turns?

I was using it for ride share and had to switch back to google maps because WAZE gave me too late directions to turn.
Never had that issue and use it every day. They are the same you know, Waze is just Google Maps with a social overlay for the updates. Google bought Waze like 4 or 5 years ago.

Might want to do a fresh install and give it another try, its pretty good.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Never had that issue and use it every day. They are the same you know, Waze is just Google Maps with a social overlay for the updates. Google bought Waze like 4 or 5 years ago.

Might want to do a fresh install and give it another try, its pretty good.
Ok, I'll try it again, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Yeah, another guy I know swiotched back to google maps too for the same reason but I'll try it again.
Haven't tried WAZE in over a year, sometimes stuff improves.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I don't think anyone brought it up. Google is now on Carplay (old news) in addition to Waze (new news). I'm excited to try out Waze. I usually don't like updating my apps because it gets worst sometimes. They start putting ads or removing features and start charging. The old waze was way better in my opinion before Google bought them. I remember sharing my ETA was super easy the person receiving the ETA could view my car moving in almost real time on a browser without needing to download the app.

I wil test it out and let you guys know how it is.

·
Registered
392 Posts
never been a fan of waze, google maps however is amazing! that being said, I have had great success using apple maps on car play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts