Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow. That’s sure going to wake her up. Wish I could afford that for mine. Lol. Congratulations. Can’t wait to see those dyno numbers. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. That’s sure going to wake her up. Wish I could afford that for mine. Lol. Congratulations. Can’t wait to see those dyno numbers. 👍🏻
Yeah selling my Durango or my wife’s pathfinder to carmax they offered way more then what we owe so dumping that money into this. But thank you 3-4 weeks for it to come in then week plus to do job for sure will be posting pics of everything lol

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For sure will only going to run 6lbs of boost not to blow the engine or cause stress on transmission adding a ported throttle and air box with a tune of course the owner there seemed very knowledgeable and they come highly recommended in the area you can see their Instagram they do some cool shit

Dang that’s a good price. Keep us updated on the short term and long term results.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,588 Posts
I love it, definitely going to follow this. 50 state legal?
I would do a 5psi on my 392 if it was easily possible, I would like just a bit more, but just a bit more. And anything like that would surely be "enough" for me, right?

Reactions: SRT219

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love it, definitely going to follow this. 50 state legal?
I would do a 5psi on my 392 if it was easily possible, I would like just a bit more, but just a bit more. And anything like that would surely be "enough" for me, right?
I’m slowly learning it’s never enough lol

don’t buy a hellcat you don’t need all that hp I said lol 2 weeks later shit I need more hp but it’s an expensive toy so need to play it as safe as possible a lot of experienced people tell me 6lbs should be pretty safe

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,588 Posts
I’m slowly learning it’s never enough lol

don’t buy a hellcat you don’t need all that hp I said lol 2 weeks later shit I need more hp but it’s an expensive toy so need to play it as safe as possible a lot of experienced people tell me 6lbs should be pretty safe
To me, I think the word "need" has been obsolete now with the 392. We are now into the "want" area maybe even "dream".
But $8K for that much more power, beats the whole trading car routine, especially when I already have most of the best stuff available.
I would never do the 1 piece at a time route for 50hp here, 25hp there, I would go all in for the big hit as the initial (hopefully only) starting point.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me, I think the word "need" has been obsolete now with the 392. We are now into the "want" area maybe even "dream".
But $8K for that much more power, beats the whole trading car routine, especially when I already have most of the best stuff available.
I would never do the 1 piece at a time route for 50hp here, 25hp there, I would go all in for the big hit as the initial (hopefully only) starting point.
I agree man fully loaded srt392 I paid 43k plus tax they fully loaded hellcat was cheapest if I recall correctly 75k that’s over $30k my buddy is driving one for a few weeks right now it don’t even have leather for that money wtf man. Plus I plan on keeping this car for a long time I get to do what I want how I want and only have a $550/ month payment compared to what the hellcat would be

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,522 Posts
Congratulations on your jumping off the cliff of the Modding Addiction! It just gets worse from here!

It all starts with a CAI (Cold Air Intake) and then it's headers and then some billet stuff and pretty soon you're installing a blower! Oops, you went form a CAI to a blower in one fell swoop! You've got it Bad (I'm speaking from experience here as I've "Been there, Done that as many here have).

Just kidding with you and Seriously................... Congratulations and Please let us know how it turns out! (y)

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations on your jumping off the cliff of the Modding Addiction! It just gets worse from here!

It all starts with a CAI (Cold Air Intake) and then it's headers and then some billet stuff and pretty soon you're installing a blower! Oops, you went form a CAI to a blower in one fell swoop! You've got it Bad (I'm speaking from experience here as I've "Been there, Done that as many here have).

Just kidding with you and Seriously................... Congratulations and Please let us know how it turns out! (y)
Lmao ty kind sir and yes will keep posting as I go unfortunately it’s going to be a while wish it was faster lol I’m an instant gratification type of guy but will be that much sweeter having to wait.

And that is one beautiful car!
Ty kind sir

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,297 Posts

LOL, almost, I skipped the billet stuff because I was NOT going to pay that kind of money for something that did NOTHING performance wise.

Just gonna add a little HP after getting beat by a few cars decided that this is a must.
View attachment 1024223
View attachment 1024203
You are going to love the supercharger. I LOVE my Whipple!

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are going to love the supercharger. I LOVE my Whipple!
Man that’s what I wanted whipple just came out with a 3.0 one I was looking at it but it’s way stronger ans its $8400 just for the super charger with the magnuson I felt safer with the power and boost and paid $7900 for the supercharger kit air box throttle body and all the work. But man I wanted that whipple lol asked b mason on a live chat he advised me against it if I wanna don’t wanna mess with the engine and trans cause they will put out too much power. Def a way better supercharger though I’m sure your loving it

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Man that’s what I wanted whipple just came out with a 3.0 one I was looking at it but it’s way stronger ans its $8400 just for the super charger with the magnuson I felt safer with the power and boost and paid $7900 for the supercharger kit air box throttle body and all the work. But man I wanted that whipple lol asked b mason on a live chat he advised me against it if I wanna don’t wanna mess with the engine and trans cause they will put out too much power. Def a way better supercharger though I’m sure your loving it
I ordered mine in January, it's a 2.9L Stage II and it is plenty. I had a cam and headers done last year but this year made the car awesome! 527 WHP on OST Dyno's Mustang Dyno out of my little 5.7L. Now I need to touch up my hood since the hood liner does not work anymore.

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered mine in January, it's a 2.9L Stage II and it is plenty. I had a cam and headers done last year but this year made the car awesome! 527 WHP on OST Dyno's Mustang Dyno out of my little 5.7L. Now I need to touch up my hood since the hood liner does not work anymore.

View attachment 1024264

Looks good man. Super clean too how many lbs you running?

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Looks good man. Super clean too how many lbs you running?
Honestly, I never looked at the boost gauge on my phone or turned the one on with my TaZer. I got the car back 3 weeks ago and I am just loving the way it drives. (Isn't that what matters?). Really don't care about the Dyno numbers either, what matters is the way it throws you in the seat on a 60 to 100 mph pull. All I know for sure, it's a Stage II kit from OST Dyno.

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly, I never looked at the boost gauge on my phone or turned the one on with my TaZer. I got the car back 3 weeks ago and I am just loving the way it drives. (Isn't that what matters?). Really don't care about the Dyno numbers either, what matters is the way it throws you in the seat on a 60 to 100 mph pull
Lol I was just asking about the lbs of boost to see what range your having luck with but yes I’m not doing this for fancy dyno numbers or anything im doing it to satisfy my selfish needs of going faster lmao just wanna beat a few cars here and there don’t expect to be king of the road just love muscle cars and some whining wish I can do the cam that sound man prob my fav sound on a choppy ass cam but I have a warranty for a while can always take supercharger off and try with cam no way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts

Im at the headers stage.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,522 Posts
LOL, almost, I skipped the billet stuff because I was NOT going to pay that kind of money for something that did NOTHING performance wise.
You've got your Challenger looking/performing good too Frank! Now, you just have to get her to the track! Once you go, Please let us know what it runs, especially the trap speed!

I understand what you're saying. I did the billet mostly because I promised my Wife that after our last car (2001 Corvette that was done from top to bottom and I went CRAZY with that) that I wouldn't go nuts on our SRT. I pretty much stuck to my word there..................Well, pretty much! ;)

On a stock, unforged motor, a 3.0 Whipple would've been a waste of your money. They move more air than a 2.9, but if you can't make use of the extra air, then you just threw money out the window. You're getting everything done for less than the cost of the blower alone! That's pretty darned good, if you ask me (and I'm cheap and know a good deal when I see one and I think that you got a good deal)!

If you had a forged 426 with some Thitek heads and a Nice cam, full twin or triple pump fuel system and planned on running 20 psi, then I'd say that it might be worth it, but for 5-8 psi, you did Great in both performance and price. Performance per dollar is Great for what you're going to get and those Magnusen's can make some power (especially the 2650's but the 2300's are no joke either).

Nice choice and it looks like you got a Great deal too! Congratulations!

Lol I was just asking about the lbs of boost to see what range your having luck with but yes I’m not doing this for fancy dyno numbers or anything im doing it to satisfy my selfish needs of going faster lmao just wanna beat a few cars here and there don’t expect to be king of the road just love muscle cars and some whining wish I can do the cam that sound man prob my fav sound on a choppy ass cam but I have a warranty for a while can always take supercharger off and try with cam no way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone's boost numbers will be different because some motors are more efficient than others. The more efficient that your motor is, the less boost that you'll need to make your power number. Here's an example: If you install your blower and have it pullied for 6 psi and you make 500 rwhp (just using this number as an example), then if you ported your heads or installed a blower cam, then you power will go up and your boost will go down because you made your engine more efficient.

Boost is a measurement of restriction and with an engine being nothing more than a big air pump, if you lower the restriction, power should go up.

I guess my point is that first and foremost, you've got to trust that your builder knows what's right for your situation and second you don't go boost crazy because if you do, more than likely you'll regret it and it will certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth!

Im at the headers stage.
I applaud you for your restraint! Congratulations and Nice job!

I think that it will get worse though because with the headers, then you'll need a tune and then maybe a cam or a blower, then a tune update and that's where it starts! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts