Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
This is the way to go with a SP. You can bump up the power to be able to put the smack down on those stockish Camaro’s and Mustangs while being safe on the rest of your power train.

If you want more than 7lbs then it gets expensive fast. I especially like this particular Maggie because Steve White makes a bracket that works with the Shaker hood. Talk about a sleeper.

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You've got your Challenger looking/performing good too Frank! Now, you just have to get her to the track! Once you go, Please let us know what it runs, especially the trap speed!

I understand what you're saying. I did the billet mostly because I promised my Wife that after our last car (2001 Corvette that was done from top to bottom and I went CRAZY with that) that I wouldn't go nuts on our SRT. I pretty much stuck to my word there..................Well, pretty much! ;)

On a stock, unforged motor, a 3.0 Whipple would've been a waste of your money. They move more air than a 2.9, but if you can't make use of the extra air, then you just threw money out the window. You're getting everything done for less than the cost of the blower alone! That's pretty darned good, if you ask me (and I'm cheap and know a good deal when I see one and I think that you got a good deal)!

If you had a forged 426 with some Thitek heads and a Nice cam, full twin or triple pump fuel system and planned on running 20 psi, then I'd say that it might be worth it, but for 5-8 psi, you did Great in both performance and price. Performance per dollar is Great for what you're going to get and those Magnusen's can make some power (especially the 2650's but the 2300's are no joke either).

Nice choice and it looks like you got a Great deal too! Congratulations!

Everyone's boost numbers will be different because some motors are more efficient than others. The more efficient that your motor is, the less boost that you'll need to make your power number. Here's an example: If you install your blower and have it pullied for 6 psi and you make 500 rwhp (just using this number as an example), then if you ported your heads or installed a blower cam, then you power will go up and your boost will go down because you made your engine more efficient.

Boost is a measurement of restriction and with an engine being nothing more than a big air pump, if you lower the restriction, power should go up.

I guess my point is that first and foremost, you've got to trust that your builder knows what's right for your situation and second you don't go boost crazy because if you do, more than likely you'll regret it and it will certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth!

I applaud you for your restraint! Congratulations and Nice job!

I think that it will get worse though because with the headers, then you'll need a tune and then maybe a cam or a blower, then a tune update and that's where it starts! ;)
Dropping knowledge lol ty for the replies I looked around for a bit got some info from local car enthusiast fb group from around my house and went in to talk to them personally. The owner seemed extremely knowledgeable and he is the ones that does the tuning as well. They had nice fast car there at the shop and his personal builds looked pretty damn mean. I was shocked at the price as well they actually brought this option to me and their price was $500 cheaper then the retail price from the website. Only thing I still have to get that was not available is the ported throttle body which once in stock they gonna order was not on invoice.

I am not very mechanically savvy but I do my research and learn fast once I really get into something I enjoy. Always was into cars but never got a muscle car until now and it's a whole different beast I love it.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,102 Posts
Lol I was just asking about the lbs of boost to see what range your having luck with but yes I’m not doing this for fancy dyno numbers or anything im doing it to satisfy my selfish needs of going faster lmao just wanna beat a few cars here and there don’t expect to be king of the road just love muscle cars and some whining wish I can do the cam that sound man prob my fav sound on a choppy ass cam but I have a warranty for a while can always take supercharger off and try with cam no way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a 5.7l so I would guess 8lbs

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,465 Posts
Dropping knowledge lol ty for the replies I looked around for a bit got some info from local car enthusiast fb group from around my house and went in to talk to them personally. The owner seemed extremely knowledgeable and he is the ones that does the tuning as well. They had nice fast car there at the shop and his personal builds looked pretty damn mean. I was shocked at the price as well they actually brought this option to me and their price was $500 cheaper then the retail price from the website. Only thing I still have to get that was not available is the ported throttle body which once in stock they gonna order was not on invoice.

I am not very mechanically savvy but I do my research and learn fast once I really get into something I enjoy. Always was into cars but never got a muscle car until now and it's a whole different beast I love it.
You're Welcome and if you Love Muscle Cars now, just wait until you get more power! :) Here's a warning though..............Speed and Power is Addictive and the more you get, the more you want!

This is just my opinion and I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money but the bigger throttle body isn't going to net you much additional power for the money. There are lots of Guys running the stock throttle bodies making good power.

Sometimes a shop will give you a deal to get their name out there. Maybe that's what they're doing or they might just be a shop that doesn't have a ton of overhead and just making a decent profit is fine for them. The first thing to do though is to make sure that they do good work and if they do, then the good price is a bonus. Do your homework because there are plenty of stories of shops that got you in there and then kept you in there, if you know what I mean.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that your shop is one, just Please do your homework and not let the excitement of getting blown take over good, old common sense.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer and I Hope that I didn't kill your buzz (wreck your excitement)! :D

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You're Welcome and if you Love Muscle Cars now, just wait until you get more power! :) Here's a warning though..............Speed and Power is Addictive and the more you get, the more you want!

This is just my opinion and I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money but the bigger throttle body isn't going to net you much additional power for the money. There are lots of Guys running the stock throttle bodies making good power.

Sometimes a shop will give you a deal to get their name out there. Maybe that's what they're doing or they might just be a shop that doesn't have a ton of overhead and just making a decent profit is fine for them. The first thing to do though is to make sure that they do good work and if they do, then the good price is a bonus. Do your homework because there are plenty of stories of shops that got you in there and then kept you in there, if you know what I mean.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that your shop is one, just Please do your homework and not let the excitement of getting blown take over good, old common sense.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer and I Hope that I didn't kill your buzz (wreck your excitement)! :D
na lol actually made me feel better they actually told me that 92 or 93 throttle not even needed think they said if your going to change or go 83 or 87 one of those they also said the spacer is a waste of money and juts to make sure if I do
The throttle do it now so they can tune amd don’t have to redo it. They were actually telling me not to do a cam cause of anything happens with engine my warranty will be screwed and if they don’t cam it bring there first they can put OG parts on and reflash pcu to stock so they felt what I need and we’re super helpful so that’s a god sign anyone else would be like yes cam it headers etc….

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,184 Posts
Just an FYI, the stock blower snout is 80mm so you may possibly be causing a restriction by running a bigger throttle body. This could be remedied by doing some minor port matching work on the snout but either way I don't think it will make more power over the stock setup. If (or when) you decide you want some more power I recommend ethanol or water/methanol. Great way to squeeze extra power out of the motor without risking blowing the motor. Good luck with it, I love my Maggie. Has got me some impressive wins at the track

Reactions: SRT219

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just an FYI, the stock blower snout is 80mm so you may possibly be causing a restriction by running a bigger throttle body. This could be remedied by doing some minor port matching work on the snout but either way I don't think it will make more power over the stock setup. If (or when) you decide you want some more power I recommend ethanol or water/methanol. Great way to squeeze extra power out of the motor without risking blowing the motor. Good luck with it, I love my Maggie. Has got me some impressive wins at the track
ty guys good to know save me $300-$400 lol that part has not been ordered yet so I’ll let them know to leave it be ty again

21 - 27 of 27 Posts