Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All..we have two 2010 RT's- one is an auto and the other is a stick....the Dodge.com website gives two conflicting numbers for both horsepower and torque...one part of the site lists the 5.7 with MDS as having 357hp and 390pounds of torque while another part lists the 5.7 to hav 372 hp and 400 pounds of torque...the site also lists the VVT 5.7 as having 383hp and 400 pound of torque...Does anyone know what the real numbers are? Both of our cars have Mopar cold air intakes and Mopar performance exhausts....what would those two add to the hp and torque numbers?
We are just curious..as no matter what Challenger related spec site one visits, the numbers change!
thanks for your anticipated replies!!!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Your auto will be the one with MDS. Your build sheet should show what engine you have. Here's mine.
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
The only way you'll know for sure what your horse power is after the mods is if you want to pay for a dino test.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi All..we have two 2010 RT's- one is an auto and the other is a stick....the Dodge.com website gives two conflicting numbers for both horsepower and torque...one part of the site lists the 5.7 with MDS as having 357hp and 390pounds of torque while another part lists the 5.7 to hav 372 hp and 400 pounds of torque...the site also lists the VVT 5.7 as having 383hp and 400 pound of torque...Does anyone know what the real numbers are? Both of our cars have Mopar cold air intakes and Mopar performance exhausts....what would those two add to the hp and torque numbers?
We are just curious..as no matter what Challenger related spec site one visits, the numbers change!
thanks for your anticipated replies!!!
Everything I've read (brochures, fleet guides, order guides, web sites) states the same numbers....

R/T AUTO 370hp 398lb-ft
R/T MANUAL 375hp 404lb-ft

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I know the manual has marginally more hp & torque; I guess this is due to no MDS. I also know from the 2 Challenger's I've driven the manual is LOUDER! Not sure why that would be.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
They changed out exausts so the loud part we can't tell but the original exaust isn't the same on 6 Speeds.
My car is all stock; just bought it new about 3 weeks ago. Didn't do the test drives back:back, but from what I can remember the auto seemed quieter.

The manual isn't obnoxiously loud; just has a nice throaty tone to it I don't remember with the auto.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
No I've seen you in other threads and I know you just got the car. I was talking about the people that started the thread have changed out their exausts. I'm guessing it's more than one if they need 2 10 RTs.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I might want to take that last post back. If I had the money I'ld have a 6speed SRT in the garage (for THOSE days) and my RT Classic to drive.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
the driver has more RPM input in the manual and the feedback from the exhaust encourages working the "sweet spot". The auto trys to get into the highest gear as soon as possible and does not use the rpm range as well as you can/do in the 6 spd.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I've heard people talk about bottle and suite case I think resonators or mufflers parts and something about the cross over. I have never even looked under them so I'm just going by what I've read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts