·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Yep I am going see ya there and I got the 3 laps around the track too

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep I am going see ya there and I got the 3 laps around the track too
Same. Only bringing one though. The wife didnt want to drive hers that far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be there for sure. I'm part of DFWLX

2017 RT Blacktop Green Go: SRT catback, no mufflers, K&N Intake, Hellcat eye mod, SRT chin spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
I have been discussing the possibility of attending this event with another member on CT, and while I would love to go, I could not say for sure if I would be attending due to a lack of info about the event and everything surrounding it. I saw that there is a Facebook page that might have solved all my problems, but I honestly detest using FB and wanted to exhaust all other options on finding the info I needed before submitting to FB and allowing it to invade and infest my online existence.

And while it was touch and go there for a while, I did finally get lucky and find what I needed, and all without ever having to create an account in FB and log in. HOORAY!!! :wiggle: :locked: :clap:

Now, for anyone else out there in the same boat as I just was - in need of more information/details/etc. so they can decide whether or not they can make it happen, here you go:

http://www.wearemoparshow.com/

regards,
nuke

P.S. If I do end up attending, I fully expect anyone that benefited from this post to find me and buy me a beer and/or a BBQ sandwich to show their appreciation! :wink3:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There are over 1,000 cars entered, it's sure to be a huge event. I'd go if it were later in the fall like the Gas Monkey show was. An outdoor event, in Texas, in August no longer sounds like a fun time to me. It'll be over 100 degrees out there.

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
There are over 1,000 cars entered, it's sure to be a huge event. I'd go if it were later in the fall like the Gas Monkey show was. An outdoor event, in Texas, in August no longer sounds like a fun time to me. It'll be over 100 degrees out there.
Yeah, the sun/heat thing is going to be a bear, especially for someone like me who can catch a sunburn at night if there's a full moon out.

But, I've been lamenting the lack of any such events around here for years now, so I better at least try to make this one or all my complaints will amount to nothing but whining after this. :big mouth:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
51 of us Colorado Challenger Club members are driving down together. Should be a pretty impressive site on the roads but talk about herding cats :) We're also doing a side trip to the Hemi Hideout in Katy and maybe a 51 Challenger stop at Gas Monkey Bar & Grill for lunch. Should be a blast! Hope the weather is good.

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
51 of us Colorado Challenger Club members are driving down together. Should be a pretty impressive site on the roads but talk about herding cats :) We're also doing a side trip to the Hemi Hideout in Katy and maybe a 51 Challenger stop at Gas Monkey Bar & Grill for lunch. Should be a blast! Hope the weather is good.
Living in a state that experiences all 4 seasons (or let's just say more than 2, which is all we get here), I am concerned your definition of "good weather" isn't going to apply here.

It won't be raining or otherwise precipitating in any way on that day, I can guarantee that. In fact, it is very likely that the last time ANY precipitation fell in the area will have been at least 21 days prior. And there will likely be a little bit of a breeze blowing during the day, but it will be coming up from the south and bringing more humidity with it, thereby raising the already insufferable heat index even higher. :mofo:

As a matter of fact, I would be very surprised if there weren't an active Heat Advisory for that day which basically declares "Danger: Old People and Children Should Stay In-doors During the Day!" :sunny:

Oh yeah, and it will be sunny...very, very sunny. So sunny, that you might see small birds spontaneously combusting as they fly through air and then just laying dead on the ground where ever they hit. :dead:

If you're wondering how I can be so sure of the weather conditions on a day so far in advance, it's actually no secret - anyone can forecast the August weather in North Texas once they've lived through a few! It's always the same, unbearably hot and miserably humid. If there's any wind, it won't help cool you off. It will just feel like someone opened a blast furnace door next to your head and now they're cranking down on the bellows feeding it. :eek3:

In short, will the weather be good? Sure, as long as you consider Hell a nice place to vacation! Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration...it's not really like Hell here, but it's certainly Hell-adjacent!! >:)

Nevertheless, if y'all do come down, I hope to get to meet everyone. I've been wanting to put some faces with the names on this forum for a long time now, but I have not really ever had the chance. :bncry:

Nuke

P.S. Which part of CO are you in? I've got some family down in the southern part, and I used to go to the Springs for work every once in a while, and my personal mecca is up in Golden, so I do have a strange fondness for your fair state :SM120:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
IMG_0001.JPG LOL, I'm a little south of Denver in Parker. Was a rainy day for last years event so sunny and hot works for me, wife is from Phoenix and the SRT will be freshly detailed :)

Did you say face to a name?

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
View attachment 820194 LOL, I'm a little south of Denver in Parker. Was a rainy day for last years event so sunny and hot works for me, wife is from Phoenix and the SRT will be freshly detailed :)

When I said put a face to the name, I was basically speaking in general and referring to the handfull of members on here that I've gotten to know over the 5+ years I've been a member and still haven't met. Something cold and impersonal about that to me... I don't know, maybe it's just me...this heat will make you do strange things after all!!

Anyway, that's not to say it isn't good to have a face for the name for you now, that will make it easier on me to run your background checks (can't be too careful you know). Don't worry, they aren't too invasive, I just hit all the local post offices and make sure your pic isn't hanging up in any of them with a WANTED sticker across it, and then I flash the pic at my wife for 3 seconds and then ask her if she detected any bad voodoo vibes from the pic, like a serial killer might give off. :ack:

But seriously, you look pretty trustable! :thumbsup: I think you're probably good to go...

Unless...unless you actually ARE a serial killer, and then I implore you to confess now and save us all the trouble. :smokin:

But in the event you are NOT a serial killer, I say let's try to meet up somewhere out there in the middle of TMS on Aug 5th. Surely there's a spot we can grab some grub, swill some suds, and maybe talk a little Mopar or something. Also, there's a couple of other members who live in the area that I am going to try to meet up with as well (assuming they pass the checks too), so hell if we're not careful, we might end up with a quorum of CT members hanging out and telling tales over lunch! :grouphug:

However, if I cannot make the event for whatever reason, let me say this now: "good luck with the road trip, and have some fun!" It does sound like it's gonna be a helluva trip, one for the ages for sure!

(Oh yeah, and welcome to Texas! :sunny:)

Nuke

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Just getting a little antsy about finishing her up before WAM2!
The air brush guy goes on vacation today for a week.
But, lots of dings to repair before that.
Converting the vinyl stripes to air brushing....and....

I will have a tent, my Frog Tog Chilly Towel, and lots of cold drinks!

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
View attachment 820194 LOL, I'm a little south of Denver in Parker. Was a rainy day for last years event so sunny and hot works for me, wife is from Phoenix and the SRT will be freshly detailed :)

Apparently you had a heck of a time last time you were down, cause it looks like local law enforcement is on the look out for you:

IMG_0001x.jpg

I'll see what I can do to smooth things over, but man you gotta keep it on the down low this time when you come down!

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
600 Posts
Man I am so excited I just purchased my ticket and the Laps for Vets ticket this is gonna be awesome, plus this coming weekend we are going to the Mopar Nationals in Colorado. These next two months are gonna be awesome plus gives me excuse to rub on my baby and make her all pretty. Hope to meet some new friends as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Might get a break on the heat, we have a COLD front coming this weekend, going down to low to mid 90's with an outlook of partly cloudy and 93 next Saturday.

But, it's gonna be hot inside the bowl at TMS unless there is a decent breeze.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts