Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I hope all are well and enjoying this weekend!

It's been a while since my last visit to this forum due to various reasons all involving fu*king med school.
As some of you know, I have made it upon myself to try out the VVT cams for our 392s and had a bit of a disaster down that route lol. I've had my car back since mid November and I am truly loving it!! (unlike Mcdonalds)

Car is great.. not yet 100% tuned but runs good. I went to my local drag strip 2 times but unfortunately didn't have a set of radials that can hook nicely. First time at 70F degrees and a DA of over 1800 I got consistent 12.7-12.9s.. second time (hotter temps) it was 13 flat.
I'm hoping for a good set of welds wheels and hoosier slicks to drop off from the sky into my garage haha.
I'm ready for any questions related to the topic here.

Enjoy the Video!!

Thank you for your time and have a nice weekend,
Your saudi pistonhead,
Ahmed.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Sounds Great Ahmed! Love the end too, she really gets it out on the road ;)

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Wow that is awesome, sounds great! Love the end

·
Registered
360 Posts
How's the lobe at a stop light? Sounds GRRRRREAT!!!!

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Holy Eff that sounds so bad Ass. What kind of problems are you having? I'd do this tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
what was the issue?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How's the lobe at a stop light? Sounds GRRRRREAT!!!!
When its on drive you car hear it very clearly. in neutral it tones down a little bit.

Holy Eff that sounds so bad Ass. What kind of problems are you having? I'd do this tomorrow!!
I had worn out bearings and a cracked crankshaft not related to the cam.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How's the car goin? Is the stock timing chain holding up alright?
Car is doing great.. Didn't need to go for aftermarket timing chains.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Awesome Ahmed!!! I followed your first build very closely and am glad to see you finally got your cam and its running well! Congrats. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome Ahmed!!! I followed your first build very closely and am glad to see you finally got your cam and its running well! Congrats. :)
Thanks man! I too wish you all the best.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Sounds great on the top end - but it also sounds like you are bouncing off the rev limiter and having problems with shifting?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds great on the top end - but it also sounds like you are bouncing off the rev limiter and having problems with shifting?
The car had so much wheel spin it hit the rev limiter and I was a bit slow upshifting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
excellent video Ahmed!!! Glad to see your car back from the dead!! Sounds killer too bro! New mods were just the cam and phase limiter correct, other than the repairs you had done to the bearings and crank?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
yeah I was going to say that it sounded like you were spinning almost the whole time ..... sounds great man

·
Registered
442 Posts
nice sound from that motor....enjoy your car..Good to see our beloved challenger in the Saudi Kingdom. Maybe you can spot your fellow members some of the hi octane fuel in the 20 cent range per gallon.....I know that while the gas is cheap these cars are very pricey overseas.. this is much better than some european pansy car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts